Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara, Delta, Ondo, and Edo states) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M & E Officer
Job Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations, and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
- Provide technical support to Global Fund project, LSMOH, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E Manager.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
Education / Experience
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Statistics, Demography and Public Health.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS, Epi-Info and STATA
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Not more than 45 years old
- A master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Full-time Position, 3-Months Fixed term contract (possible renewal).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 15th October, 2020