Hanoky Media is a new and fast-rising media community and dynamic news platform for daily news, entertainment & lifestyle (events, fashion, beauty, health, personal development and gist) in Nigeria. Hanoky Media is a brain-child of Hanoky Limited.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: News Reporter
- Hanoky Media is looking for bright, talented, dynamic and reliable reporters.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for newsgathering and reporting in the 36 states of the federation, as well as writing, editing and proofreading articles, blog posts and press releases.
- This is a great opportunity to be part of one of the fast-rising news platforms in Nigeria!
- He or she should be a team player and will coordinate on a daily basis with the Editorial unit of the company. You will be responsible for premium news content and will play an active part in getting information on current events.
- You will, however, need thorough investigations before sending in news content and also develop a feature on some major issue in your state of coverage.
- Furthermore, you may be assigned to cover a certain field or beat such as politics, education, court, opinion etc. or be given a general assignment on a specific matter.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop stories along with supporting images to be published in our news-based website and weekly newsletter.
- Develop fresh angles and offer new insights for our readers and audience.
- Report news on tight deadlines, which includes making calls, asking tough questions (interviews), and aggressively pursuing a story when and where required.
- Stay on top of all the news events coming out of the area you’re reporting from and be able to follow-up.
- Conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, business owners, politicians & others in a range of different circumstances including generating adverts for the company.
- Must possess flair & passion for journalism, writing, PR, communications, and new media (social media) activities.
- Must be fluent and have excellent communication skill.
- Must be computer literate, internet savvy and have the ability to carry out qualitative news research.
- He or she should be innovative and have the ability to bring new perspective to the table.
- Must be an excellent fact checker and should have the ability to verify all the news items from various sources.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently.
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and juggle various tasks while at the same time maintaining a high level of attention to detail and sustaining overall quality.
- Must have superior writing and editing skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to present information concisely and clearly.
- Must have strong interview skills, with an ability to extract relevant information about technical and complex topics and turn it into accessible written content.
- Journalistic and reporting background necessary.
- The candidate should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new situations and different environments.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices – mobile phones, laptops, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th July, 2020.