Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Shift Supervisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations by optimizing efficiency and performance. We provide the most comprehensive portfolio of services and the broadest service network in the industry, for both the energy and marine markets.
- We are committed to providing high quality, expert support and the availability of services in the most environmentally sound way possible, wherever our customers are.
- We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Operations Supervisor.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Shift Supervisor is required to plan, lead and manage the daily shift operational activities of the plant and assigned team in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to reach the set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
- Operate the Power Plant during a shift according to company policies and procedures as well as prudent practices.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and targets are met.
- Ensure competent resources and Competence development of the operation and assigned team.
- Maintain all operation records according to guidelines.
- Assist the Operations Manager as detailed by the superior.
- Develop the operation working routines at the plant
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all plant operational parameters and data, and share with stakeholders.
- Required daily analysis of engine performance and areas of improvement
- Co-ordinate the work of subordinates and communicate with the grid control centre and plant management about the loading of the plant.
- Ensure Operational Reliability and Availability of the plant according to the contract.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Train maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Ensure that the work is executed at the plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus
- Result Oriented
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and Target setting
- Developing self and others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- * We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview