Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD).
With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Manager
- The plant quality manager is ensuring compliance to quality norms, policies and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a quality culture to achieve consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by constantly developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet Safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Ensure safety requirements including PRPs, audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.), conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action plan, review compliance status for all the quality related observations and lead the process of sharing observations with all stakeholders for implementation/closure.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Support vendor quality improvement programs and looking for opportunities for improvement with vendors
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers working with Plant Head to implement the company’s policies and goals seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cheap yet quality service.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, etc., and seek their inputs on improvement/ development of Quality Systems and Processes. Setup, maintain and operate lab to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Any Graduate / Postgraduate with around 12-15 years of experience in Rice industry
- Good communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability. Thorough Knowledge of Rice Milling, Rice and Paddy Procurement, rice processing, planning & execution of whole range of activities including Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing Equipment, Process know-how, Quality systems and Manpower Build up
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview