SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Customer Marketing
Job ID: 14480
- We are looking for an experienced Customer Marketeer to join our commercial team at SC Johnson. As an Associate Manager you will be responsible for developing specific Customer Marketing strategies and for the management and delivery of priorities for the assigned Category (to be defined) in the West Africa markets
- The successful candidate will partner with Marketing and Sales in the timely execution of Category specific global driven commercialization and Base/Expand initiatives
- Furthermore, you will assist Cluster Customer Marketing Manager in selecting and prioritizing customer marketing initiatives to be deployed within the country and across the cluster for the assigned category, based on local knowledge, and monitor consistency of local execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- New Product Development and Category specific projects; including but not limited to ensuring that Trade Bundles developed by the Global Customer Marketing (GCM) team for the assigned Category are appropriately adopted/adapted by the Cluster, and implementation plans are prioritized, resources fairly and optimally allocated, and implementation monitored
- Supporting the Cluster CM Manager in identifying opportunities and timely execution of plans to provide scale and efficiency benefits to the Cluster and Category by eliminating duplication of work
- Propose and conduct Category specific shopper studies for the Cluster, and cascade study synopsis, learnings, implications and action plans to address opportunities
- Support Cluster CM Manager in the selection of Category projects, initiatives, prioritization and allocation of resources (promotions, mix component of trade spend, etc.) and together with Sales, co-manage the Category allocated trade spend ensuring establishment and conduct of appropriate controls to manage resources, and leads course correction for the Equity-Building component of trade spending to stay within budget.
- Together with Marketing, review and help optimize SKU assortment for the Category, aligned with HQ/Product Supply/Marketing & Commercialization directions, and deliver SKU objectives
- As needed, provide Category support to the Sales Team in the development and presentation of Joint Business Plan with major Global/Regional customers; and also in the development of Category Vision presentation
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree level education in a Marketing discipline
- Strong (c. 5 years) FMCG Customer Marketing experience within a multinational in a Household Care Company
- Proven track record having profitably grown a business, having developed and implemented the appropriate policies and processes necessary to drive and manage a business, and having infused his/her cross functional teams with a clear and focused drive for measurable performance.
- Strategic mind set, understands the strategic & tactical nature of the business.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to strict deadlines with a sense of ownership, drive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management and cross-functionality experience.
- Excellent data analytics skills using local data research software (Nielson, Kantar, IRI etc)
- Clear understanding of the different channel Go-To-Market principles/strategies, structures -Retail, Wholesale, Distributor, and Club
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview