BusinessDay is the leading medium for up-to-date news and insightful analysis of business, policy and the economy in Nigeria. We are a critical decision-making tool for investors and managers. We provide unbiased news and informed analysis on politics, governance, social and economic trends for the general reader.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Advert Sales Executive
Location: Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong sales pipeline.
- You will do so by identifying key business opportunities for advertising both the print and digital news platform. Your goal will be to meet or exceed advertising sales targets
- Build solid sales pipeline and maintain long-term relationships with prospects
- Identify new business opportunities to generate revenues
- Close high volume advertising sales deals
- Develop annual sales strategy and goals
- Leverage sales tools and resources to identify new sales leads and nurture prospect relationships
- Continuously increase knowledge of advertising in the newspaper industry to remain competitive
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or any other related field
- Minimum 6 years experience in B2B sales and demonstrated competence in closing high volume sales deals.
- Experience in newspaper advertising is preferred
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding sales target
- Must be able to speak Hausa and have solid contacts in the public sector
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Digital Sales Executive
- The B2B Digital Sales Executive is responsible for leading Businessday’s market wide approach to providing Businessday’s digital service products to commercial accounts
- This role will drive improved performance of existing B2B business customers and develop plans to maximize sales growth and manage gross profit margin. He or she will develop materials and execute an outside sales approach to acquire new accounts
- This position also acts as the B2B customer advocate, collaborating cross functionally with all Businessday brands providing digital and ecommerce solutions
- The ideal candidate also needs to understand, anticipate, and report on customer needs/barriers to ensure the service model is driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
- Develop commercial strategies and roadmaps to deliver the B2B sales and margin goals
- Generate new business revenue from digital service products to corporates, delivering against and exceeding set targets
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records to provide timely management information.
- Build understanding and metrics around top B2B customer groups for the purpose of Businessday digital services improvement and acquisition
- Contribute ideas and insights in support of Businessday’s eCommerce omnichannel commercial plan and customer experience
- Build and share reports and insights based on recent B2B performance data (sales, units, customers, baskets, repeat, penetration, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features, benefits and advantages of Businessday digital service products and solutions to qualify potential product and solutions opportunities and grow revenue.
- Work with the wider corporate sales teams to develop and close new business sales
- Acquire knowledge of customers’ businesses and organizational structures and demonstrate an understanding of their main business needs, to match the correct Businessday digital service proposition for the customer
- Investigate and analyze customer data to identify ways to improve customer usage and increase Businessday’s digital products and minimize risk of customer cancellations
- Previous strong experience of – and a relish for business to business sales – Minimum of 5 years
- Face to face and institutional sales experience is essential
- E-commerce / B2B sales experience preferred
- Proven experience of consistently meeting and or exceeding sales targets
- Experience within a subscription/membership sales environment is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Communication – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated selling ability
- Collaboration – ability to build solid working relationships and influence both in-person and remotely across the organization at all levels
- Entrepreneurial Thinking – a self-starter with strong sense of accountability and ownership of the business with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Project Management – strong organizational skills including prioritization, time management and meeting deadlines
- Experimentation – not afraid to test & learn continuously; excels in dealing with ambiguity and loves a challenge
- Reporting – strives for continuous improvement by analyzing and sharing key results; uses reporting and forecasting to make informed business decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, high-urgency sales environment
- Energy, positivity and a personable, customer-focused style
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of the end to end sales process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience attending conferences, working meeting rooms and developing a good rapport with prospects
- Strong experience in relationship building
- High comfort level selling to senior-level executives
- Positive, can-do, hands-on approach when faced with obstacles to success
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th October, 2020.
- * We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview