Arik Air – Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world’s leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever-expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Decision Support Analyst
Reporting to: AVP-IT
Direct reports: None
- Develop technical solutions in support of the Arik’s Corporate Data Strategy. This data strategy outlines the movement, capture, storage and presentation of enterprise level data assets across multiple data vehicles, including: operation data stores (ODS), data warehouses, data marts, and a series reporting and analytics layers.
- Perform all activities related to database administration such as software installations, access control list maintenance, disk storage management, data backup and recovery, and patching
- Respond to issue escalations from team members, accepting ultimate responsibility for immediate resolution and final root cause analysis.
- Work very closely with business units to understand their business needs, and partner with them to propose and fully implement effective, innovative, and technically-sound data warehouse solutions.
- Will partner with one or more business unit heads to lead their projects, while also being an advocate for the business unit’s plans through the project prioritization process.
- Participate in architectural design meetings for new systems and technologies.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of new systems into a complex corporate environment.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for both implementation planning and steady-state support of new and existing systems.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend changes for continued system health.
- Accept escalation of technical issues.
- Provide 24 / 7 production support activities.
- Maintain documentation of all software, projects and system configuration with the IT department throughout the entire SDLC.
- Analyze data quality, metadata, and data lineage issues and best practices.
- Act as subject matter experts in the topics of data warehousing, data management, data quality, and ETL architecture.
- Serve as technical lead for mission-critical projects and systems, conduct system and software evaluations, and make recommendations on appropriate technical decisions.
- Ensure that the long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information planning of the organization.
- Develop data solutions to suit the requirements of the Company.
- Assist Data Architects and ETL Developers to build and modify data movement and storage solutions in support of new and existing data-oriented systems.
- Utilize alternate data-oriented technologies and leverage these tools across multiple database technologies.
- Act as advocate for proper data management principles, understand relevant technologies, and utilize the best methods for constructing and supporting a mature data factory.
- Collaborate with peers to advance data management principles across the enterprise.
- Responsible for complex system builds / configuration and software installation.
- Responsible for ensuring the security and confidentiality of all data and information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Combination of 6 years’ experience (8 preferred) which includes: Undergraduate degree in CS / CE / CIS / MIS / Engineering / Technology or equivalent experience / training.
- Experience using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS on SQL Server.
- Experience working with other ETL tools and sound Knowledge of data management principles and ETL development within a large data environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Server or large data center environments.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with data management solutions including: Data Marts, Data Warehouses, and Operational Data Stores.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the Organization.
- Airline experience preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data modeling principles.
- Power BI business analytics service by Microsoft for interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities for reports and dashboards.
- Enterprise Mobility – IOS and Android.
- Will be required to interact with IT, Commercial and Finance primarily. May be required to interact with other operational departments as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Decision Support Analyst” as subject of the email.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 23rd October, 2020.