The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders).
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- The role of this job holder is to actively participate in the ideation, development, testing and maintenance of application and systems software in line with fast paced business requirements; work on delivering road-maps of developed software and systems through accurate planning and interaction with stakeholders, and adhere to strict development rules, reviews, testing and production environment implementations.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Ensures high availability of services to end users.
- Ensures that any software that is developed adheres to onboarding requirements before being released.
- Maintains systems and software, releasing updates and patches in response to security vulnerabilities and feature updates.
- Keeps abreast with business requirements and prioritizes projects and roadmaps.
- Provides inputs to budget preparation, tracking, and reporting.
- Ensures bugs are resolved within team defined SLOs.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field with four (4) years relevant working experience.
- Software development certifications
- Network certifications a plus
- Work in a software development team in a medium to large sized organization
- Practical knowledge in working under the agile software development environment
- Work experience in a distributed version control environment with automated code review tools, Sandbox testing and pushing code to the production environment
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as required
- Work experience in socket development – i.e. TCP / IP stack development (DNS, DHCP, etc.) and authentication systems i.e. LDAP / AD Integration
Other Required Knowledge:
- web application development, Unix / Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and / or security software development.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Developed people skill.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results
- Good Project Management skills, especially with Agile Methodology.
- Good analytical, organizational & multi-tasking skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The cover letter should be addressed to:
The MD / CEO,
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company PLC,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, FCT,
- Only soft copies of applications will be treated. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application
Application Deadline 19th October, 2020
- * We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview