International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Support Professional – Storage
Req ID: 335365BR
Locations: Multiple Cities, Nigeria
Category: Software Development & Support
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Short Term
Company: (0100) International Business Machines West Africa Limited
- At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
About Business Unit:
- At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure SLAs and Operational KPI are met
- Work as necessary with internal and external support functions when and where major incidents occur
- Attending and contributing to team and project meetings
- Provide Documentation of target systems design and host mapping layout
- Periodic Reporting and produce reports in terms of health of the environment
- Monitoring of storage ticket queues, storage device performance, storage integration with systems
- Attending and contributing to team and project meetings
- Contributing to the improvement or standard procedures and documentation
- Provide Hitachi storage management and integration services, storage migration, and provisioning to Hitachi Enterprise Platforms
- Data gathering and validation of source arrays or environment
- Implementation of storage design on target systems
- Migration methodology pre-meetings or validation with customer
- Migration of hosts setup and testing
- The candidate Must be Familiar with;
- Hitachi HCS and RestAPI Server
- Host Operating Systems: Windows, AIX, Linux , VMware
- Host both Physical and Virtual, HBA, SAN; fabric zoning, storage mapping
- Brocade switch support and SAN Fabric Zoning
- Migration Techniques; Hitachis Non-Disruptive Migration software
- Performing Root Cause Analysis and implementing preventative measures
- Supporting and assisting with a Disaster Recovery infrastructure and procedures
- Proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure
- Document the environment portfolio and create or maintain operational procedures.
- Designing, planning and setting up enterprise-class storage systems
- Capacity planning and data migrations
- Recommend improvements and or alternatives
- Collaborate with other technology groups or interrelated groups to provide technical, operational and innovative expertise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant program and additional Certifications a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of working with Hitachi Storage infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems.
- Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview