The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
21 scholarships are available for the 2021/22 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants currently residing outside of this region for education reasons only can still apply
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- Applicants must want to study one of the eligible degree programmes at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programme of their choice
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
Application to the scholarship and the University of Edinburgh
If you apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program please apply for the scholarship first. If you are successful in the scholarship process, the team will support you to apply for admission to your chosen degree programme.
If you are applying for other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly to the degree programme of your choice.
More information on how to apply can be found on each individual degree programme web page in the University Degree Finder.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here for more information and to Apply
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview