With the launch of ALAT, Nigeria’s first digital bank in 2017, we showed the world that it was possible to hack and redefine experiential banking. Since then, we have taken it a step further with the birth of Hackaholics – the Wema bank hackathon.
Hackaholics by WEMA is set up to promote the development of technological solutions for financial and institutional needs, and other everyday social issues.
It brings together developers, designers and creative thinkers to develop products and discover new technologies. Example of such applications includes innovations in risk management, trading, investing, personal finance, big data, retail banking, regulatory compliance, mobile payments and enterprise social, environmental and health issues.
The 2020 edition of the Wema Hackathon tagged ‘Hackaholics 2.0’ will be hosting participants virtually in a two-day pitch competition to exhibit innovative solutions with excellent market potential, capable of solving essential, everyday business problems under five (5) major verticals – Agritech , Healthtech , Edutech , Fintech and Gaming.
Successful startups will proceed to a 4-week Accelerator Bootcamp Programme – A programme focused on creating commercialisation opportunities for participating startups, leveraging best-in-class curriculum and global footprint to nurture and strategically position startups to scale up as they launch into the market.
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://hackaholics.wemabank.com/
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview