Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
Applications are invited for:
Title: WEMA Bank Bankers-in-Training Program 2022
Job Type: Full-time
- WEMA Bank is the pioneer of Africa’s first fully digital bank, ALAT, and one of Nigeria’s most resilient banks. With decades of experience in the business of banking, the Bank has remained innovative in delivering value to its stakeholders. WEMA Bank welcomes applications for its “2022 Bankers-in-Training Program”.
To participate in this programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of Second-Class Upper degree from a recognized University.
- A BSc in numeric related courses
- Willingness to have a career in Finance, Audit, Compliance and Credit functions
- 5 O’ level credits (including English & Mathematics) at one sitting
- Masters’ degree from a recognized university would be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certification(s) would also be an advantage.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service programme
- Not older than 26 years at the point of application
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Candidates must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Competitive Salary package.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2022.
Job Title: Environmental, Social & Governance Analyst / Manager
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance, Environmental / Sustainability / Governance
- The ideal candidate would be InCharge Monitor performance towards ESG goals and publish periodic reports on ESG and organizational impact in this regard (CBN bi-annual Reports on NSBP Implementation, UNEP-FI Principles for Responsible Banking Report etc.)
- Coordinating environmental and social initiatives in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance to internal teams on sustainability initiatives, risks, and opportunities including ESG due diligence.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring corporate-level Environmental & Social Risk Management (ESRM) systems, which will be implemented in all business areas, across all operational levels.
- Coordinating with teams in all business areas to ensure adherence to the ESRM framework.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external bodies e.g., DFIs, key sustainability organizations and regulators as well as international communities for increased funding opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of (industry) trends, evolving regulations and infrastructure changes.
- Coordinate cross-departmental engagement with relevant stakeholders within the system to keep them up to date with sustainability and climate-related initiatives.
- Support in driving the sustainability and ESG agenda, objectives, goals, and initiatives in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementing the appropriate Policies, Processes, Procedures, and Guides and provide for their updating in line with changes in regulations and corporate directives.
- Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with E&S Policies, Management Plans, and Procedures.
- Collaborate with various business regions to identify E&S-related compliance & risks.
- Develop the appropriate ESG strategies to deepen the organization’s portfolio alignment for sustainable finance, impact investment, and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct E&S due diligence audits and monitoring on transactions with moderate to high environmental and social risks.
- Develop E&S checklist in line with the extant ESRM policy to guide credit processes.
- Address the E&S risks identified and their potential impact to the organization.
- B.Sc in any related field.
- 4-5 years’ experience working in ESG-Compliance and Corporate Sustainability
- Knowledge of ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) ratings and indices.
- Knowledge of initiatives such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Disclosures, Sustainable Development Goals and the Value Reporting Foundation, Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles
- Competence in Stakeholder & Relationship Management.
- Project Management & Problem Solving.
- Communication, Presentation & Organizational Skills.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Job Title: Strategy Analyst / Officer
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning
- To ensure that the bank’s strategy aligns with the set goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the performance of the bank against its set strategic objectives and direction, peer review, competitor analysis and Macroeconomic review
- Harmonizing the various profit/cost centers and keeping them in alignment with the overall strategy of the bank.
- Develop and present oral and written reports, presentations, and informal feedback to line management and supervisors on relevant issues.
- Advise line managers on performance, evaluation process and the need to link performance mgt skiII to aid improvement throughout the organization.
- Provides internal advice and support to all levels of the organization on the quality of economic analysis, methodologies, and frameworks on Key issues.
- Conducts analyses of policy proposals with macroeconomic implications.
- Monitors and interprets current economic developments and domestic fiscal and monetary policy.
- Analyzes economic conditions and policy initiatives of major trading partners.
- Makes projections of the economic outlook; and analyses major economic policy developments.
- Ensures best practice in economic development research methods and technologies to develop all products and services.
- Conduct economic analysis relevant to operational and policy issues in the organization
- First Degree from any reputable University.
- 3-5 years cognate experience as a Strategy Officer/Analyst (preferably in the Banking
- Knowledge of the bank’s products.
- A sharp eye for detail excellent attention to details
- Exhibit high level of initiative
- Strong people skills
- Data processing/collation skills.
- Manages work effectively.
- Data Analytics and Intelligence skills
- Presentation /communication skills.
- Strategic thinker.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers