The young Africa Works IITA Project is currently seeking Applicants within Nigeria to build their capacity to be trained and work within the supported value chains of rice soybeans, maize, cowpea, poultry, vegetable mushroom, groundnut, fish and livestock.
The project is working with partners in various sector :
- To strengthen Agricultural training for young people.
- To provide youth particularly young women with skills needed to better compete for decent employment and develop their own successful businesses in agriculture and Agro-Processing.
- To develop youth sensitive loan and agribusiness support in collaboration with financial institution that recognize the specialized needs of youth as agricultural borrowers.
- Aged 18 – 35 years
- Must be ordinarily a resident in the respective municipal area (this means that the youth must live in the community for atleast four days in a week)
- Must have attained atleast junior secondary school 3 (JSS3) for entrepreneurship track and Diploma from employment track
- Willingness to commit atleast 6 weeks for the training
- Must demonstrate fashion for agriculture
- Interest in the project focus commodities
- Must have access to a functional mobile phone
- Affiliation to a registered association is an added advantage
The training offers;
An opportunity to learn modern farming and value addition,
A chance to grow your business through coaching and mentoring
Agribusiness development training
Career orientation through job Placements and internships
Agriculture products marketing skills
Network development and market linkages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Limited form are also available at:
a. Lagos state Agricultural Development Authority, 371 oko-oba, Agege motor road, Agege Lagos
b. IITA office, National Agricultural extension and research liason services (NAERLS) office complex, Zaria Kaduna State.
c. international Institute of tropical Agriculture, Sabo Bakin Zuwo Road Kano state.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Period: 12 November to 12 December 2020.
A follow up interview may be conducted for the final selection of youth beneficiaries to be considered for the training.
A CERTIFICATE WILL BE ISSUED UPON COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
For more updated information about Young Africa Works IITA Project and Training Program For Nigerians,kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.