Youth Foundation for Development, Education & Leadership (YouthhubAfrica) is a non-profit organization founded in 2011. YouthhubAfrica is a platform for young people in Africa involved in social change to interact, learn and collaborate in new, creative and easy ways. It was registered in Nigeria with the CAC in 2014. YHA is a youth advocacy and policy-oriented organization based in Abuja, Nigeria, but programming into Africa and beyond.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Basic Education Media Fellowship 2022
- We are pleased to launch its call for applications from journalists and media personnel in Nigeria to join the 2022 Cohort of the “Basic Education Media Fellowship”.
- The Basic Education Media Fellowship is envisioned to celebrate, upskill and support media practitioners for qualitative and sustained reportage of basic education issues in Nigeria.
- It aims to deepen participants’ knowledge, expand media networks and coverage of all aspects of basic education, thereby increasing public awareness on basic education issues and ultimately secure state and non-state support towards addressing basic education challenges in Nigeria.
- The initiative will recognise and reward existing media work on making the legal framework for basic education more responsive to the current gaps in service delivery and address key challenges in the areas of quality, access, and systems strengthening in Nigeria. It will galvanize media activities towards the need for Nigeria to extend free, compulsory, quality and safe education up to Senior Secondary School in alignment with SDG4 outcome target
- It will also seek to make free basic and secondary education and adequate financing for education, a politico-electoral issue with the intent to get the various political actors to make Basic education in Nigeria part of their mandates and that of their political parties.
- The Fellowship would be implemented in three parts, heralded by a competitive award phase (National Media Competition on Basic Education Reporting) poised to recognize and celebrate media practitioners who have produced and published pieces on basic education over a period.
- Journalists with at least two years experience in a public or private media house are encouraged to apply.
- Applications from freelance journalists are also encouraged.
- Applicants must be between ages 18 and 40 at the time of application.
- Fellows must be passionate and committed to reporting basic education stories in Nigeria with attention to girl child issues and have the capacity to develop at least 6 stories around these.
- Prospective applicants – if chosen- will be available to attend a Mandatory Onboarding session which will take place on a date that will be conveyed to successful applicants.
- Prospective Applicants should submit a Letter of Recommendation or Reference from the Editor-in-Chief of their Media organization.
- Participate in a six month fellowship.
- Participate in a 3 day retreat and capacity building program
- Be awarded with $1,000 for their out-of-pocket expenses to produce stories that will deepen thoughts, cause conversations and insightful commentaries on the state of the Basic Education in Nigeria.
- Develop at least six media pieces within the duration of the fellowship.
- Be provided finalists with relevant updates, data, and connections to relevant stakeholders.
- Work alongside organizations in the Right to Education Coalition.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidatests are expected to upload the following:
- A motivation letter on why they want to be one of the fellows. This should also include at least two links to previous reportorial works and mention of the platform(s) where they will be publishing or broadcasting their work if accepted for the fellowship;
- A copy of their most recent curriculum vitae;
- A letter of Recommendation/Reference from the Media Organization where they work
- A 250-word pitch on an intended story idea they wish to pursue if chosen for the fellowship Worth
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention