The 720Degree Innovation Hub, an acclaimed technology and social innovation center located in Nigeria, serves as a platform for a diverse community of innovators, educators, entrepreneurs, creative professionals, industry leaders, tech talents, investors, and tech influencers. It aims to foster connections, collaboration, and the accelerated development of innovations in Africa, with the ultimate goal of creating sustainable impacts that benefit millions of individuals.
Over the past three years, the 720Degree Hub has made significant strides in raising technology awareness and establishing a thriving innovation and startup ecosystem in Nigeria. They have successfully trained over 1000 early-stage tech talents, organized more than 50 events focused on Innovations, Emerging Technologies, and Entrepreneurship, and provided a conducive environment and infrastructure for startups and software developers to flourish.
Currently, they are seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Grant Writing Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
- Identify and research potential grant opportunities that align with the goals and mission of the hub.
- Prepare and write compelling grant proposals, including clear project descriptions, budget justifications, and supporting documentation, to secure funding for the hub.
- Manage the grant application process, including coordinating with internal stakeholders, collecting necessary information, and ensuring submission deadlines are met.
- Cultivate relationships with funding organizations, foundations, and grant agencies to stay informed about funding opportunities and establish connections for future collaborations.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements, reporting guidelines, and regulations. Track project milestones and deliverables, and submit progress reports as required by the granting organization.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information, develop project concepts, and align grant proposals with the strategic objectives of the hub.
- Collaborate with finance or accounting teams to develop accurate budgets and financial projections for grant proposals.
- Oversee the implementation and management of funded projects, ensuring adherence to grant guidelines, monitoring progress, and reporting on project outcomes and impacts.
- Conduct post-grant evaluation and assessment to measure the effectiveness and impact of funded projects. Use evaluation findings to refine future grant proposals and improve program outcomes.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Business, Communications. Additional Certifications or training in grant writing can be beneficial.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely. Persuasive writing skills and the ability to craft compelling grant proposals are crucial.
- Research Skills: Proficiency in conducting research to identify grant opportunities, gather supporting data, and stay updated on industry trends and funding priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in grant proposals, compliance with guidelines, and timely submission of applications.
- Project Management: Effective project management skills to manage multiple grant applications, deadlines, and reporting requirements.
- Collaboration: Ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal teams, external stakeholders, and funding organizations to gather information and align grant proposals with business objectives.
- Grant Writing Experience: Prior experience in grant writing, preferably in a small business or nonprofit setting, is valuable. Familiarity with grant management and reporting processes is desirable.
Job Title: Accounting Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Enter and reconcile financial transactions, such as sales, purchases, payments, and receipts.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, patterns, and discrepancies, and provide insights to management for decision-making.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts, monitor actual performance against budgeted figures, and provide variance analysis.
- Prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations, and keep abreast of any changes in tax requirements.
- Prepare periodic financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, and distribute them to relevant stakeholders.
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions, and benefits, and ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Reconcile bank statements, vendor statements, and customer accounts to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist with internal and external audits by providing necessary financial documentation and explanations.
- Help establish and maintain effective financial systems, policies, and internal controls to safeguard assets and ensure compliance.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is typically required.
- Knowledge and Skills: Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, and tax regulations. Proficiency in using accounting software and spreadsheets (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel) is essential. Attention to detail, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills are important.
- Experience: Previous experience in accounting or finance roles is beneficial, especially in small business environments. Familiarity with small business accounting practices, such as handling cash flow, managing expenses, and overseeing payroll, is valuable.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills are necessary to interact with various stakeholders, including management, vendors, customers, and potentially auditors. Clear and concise verbal and written communication is essential.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize work effectively is crucial in a small business setting where accountants often handle various responsibilities.
Job Title: Operations Executive
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning of various processes within the business.
- Manage inventory levels, track stock movements, and coordinate with suppliers to ensure an adequate supply of products or materials while minimizing excess inventory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and negotiate favorable terms and pricing for supplies, services, or equipment needed by the business.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure products or services meet or exceed customer expectations. Monitor and address any quality issues that may arise.
- Stay informed about relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, and ensure the business operations comply with them. This may include areas such as health and safety, environmental regulations, and data protection.
- Collect and analyze operational data to measure performance, identify trends, and generate reports for management. Use data insights to drive informed decision-making and operational improvements.
- operational challenges and improve efficiency.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members, vendors, and other stakeholders. The ability to convey information clearly and build positive working relationships is important.
- Organization and Time Management: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work effectively, and meet deadlines. Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in operational processes.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Certificates and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.