Apply for Grants and Contracts Director, Empower Nigeria Proposal at DT Global
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abuja
- DT Global seeks a Grants and Contracts Director for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development’s Power Africa Empower Nigeria program. The program has three ambitious, interconnected objectives, to: 1) end energy poverty; 2) accelerate a carbon-free future; and 3) bolster energy sector investment and innovation.
- Under objective 1, ending energy poverty, the Empower Nigeria program will increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in Nigeria. This is to reach measurable economic growth and achieve development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity-enabled services in areas such as health, education, sanitation and food security. Activities under this objective will also support the accelerated connection of more Nigerian homes, businesses, and institutions to electricity and increase its productive use.
- Through objective 2, accelerating a carbon-free future, Empower Nigeria will work to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the energy sector by supporting cleaner electricity generation delivered by the grid and accelerating distributed renewable energy projects. The program will also support government resource planning leading to the adoption and integration of renewable energy sources and solutions to meet climate action commitments.
- Under objective 3, Empower Nigeria will help introduce new technologies, innovations, and financing that scales access and impact, increases access to private capital investment, including improved uptake of climate funds, and working in partnership with state governments and regional West African institutions, improving the enabling environment for energy sector investment and innovation.
- The Grants and Contracts Director will oversee the contracts, grants and procurement processes for the anticipated five-year, $50-90 million USAID-funded Empower Nigeria program.
- This position will be based in Abuja, with frequent travel within Nigeria required. Final recruitment for this position is contingent on contract award to DT Global and is subject to USAID approval.
- Develop and manage the project’s contracts, grants, and procurement plans.
- Develop project-level procurement and grants manuals.
- Lead the design and issuance of solicitations and requests for applications/proposals for project activities.
- Manage solicitation processes and provide input on proposal reviews and selections.
- Negotiate, award, and manage all contracts, grants, and other awards (vendors, independent contractors, etc.)
- Ensure contract/grant compliance and track achievement of deliverables and targets.
- Manage contract/grant close-out processes.
- Build capacity of local partners on USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure effective filing, record-keeping and knowledge management.
- Monitor contract/grant burn rates and forecasts.
- Liaise with USAID on all contracts and grant matters.
- Supervise and mentor contracts and grants staff.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; required Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with contracts, grants and procurement processes for USAID projects.
- Excellent knowledge of USAID regulations such as ADS 302, 303, 312, and 591, and applicable US federal regulations like 2 CFR 200.
- Experiencing managing the full lifecycle of procurements for BPAs, IQCs, fixed-price contracts, cost-reimbursable contracts, and T&M contracts, as well as award mechanisms including fixed amount, cost-reimbursable.
- Experience working on energy sector or electricity access projects preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship management skills.
- High level of organization, attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers
Apply for Grants and Contracts Director, Empower Nigeria Proposal at DT Global