Apply for McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program aimed at providing them with comprehensive educational support.
The Scholars Program strives to support academically talented young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa to access a world-class university education, with comprehensive support systems in place to help them succeed.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
- Host Institution(s): McGill University, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Fee waiver
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Nationality: Africans
To be considered for McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University
- Applicants must have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be a citizen of, and reside in a Sub Saharan African Country (see list of eligible countries);
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student (requiring a Study Permit). Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University are to first apply for admission into an eligible program at the University. Applicants can then proceed after applying for admission to submit an online application for the Mastercard Scholarship.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2023