Apply for UNESCO Project Appointments: National Project Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe UNESCO is seeking a National Project Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe for the project “Strengthening local communities’ adaptive capacity and resilience to climate change through sustainable groundwater exploitation in Zimbabwe.” This is a funded project by the Adaptation Fund, with the objective of increasing local communities’ adaptive capacity and resilience to climate change through sustainable groundwater utilization for food security and other productive uses in rural areas of Zimbabwe.
- Coordinate and monitor project implementation to ensure targets and results are achieved.
- Collaborate with the project team, steering committee, and other partners for smooth implementation.
- Develop detailed implementation plans, procurement and human resources, communication, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and risk management plans.
- Provide secretariat role for the project steering committee.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships among project partners and the Adaptation Fund Secretariat.
Education: Diplomat 5, Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Water Resources Management, Natural Sciences, or Earth Sciences.
Work Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in project implementation in the field of natural sciences or related fields, including demonstrated experience in project management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with a wide range of partners, including national and local authorities, academia, United Nations Agencies, and NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Office, etc.).
Education: Advanced university degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in natural sciences. Training in project management and/or environmental and social risk assessment.
Work Experience: Experience at the international level, within the United Nations common system or International Organizations.
Competencies and Skills: Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations and/or the United Nations System. Knowledge of United Nations work in the field of natural sciences or related fields.
Benefits and Entitlements
UNESCO offers a competitive salary package, including a basic salary and various benefits such as 30 days of annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, and pension plan. The approximate annual starting salary for this position is USD 61,009.00.
Please share this opportunity.