DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes 2024 [Western Africa]
The German Academic Exchange Service is pleased to announce the 2024 DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for PhD and Master studies. Individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa are encouraged to take advantage of this offer.
The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
- Host Institution(s): Higher Education Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Scholarship Worth: See the Scholarship value (below)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD and Master studies
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan Africa (Western Africa)
To be eligible for the 2024 DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be graduates or postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme
- Applicants with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships)
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Successful applicants for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes will receive the following:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the 2024 DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes should visit the official webpage through the link below to see various programmes, institutions and countries of In-Regions available in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: November 23, 2023