The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Registrar’s Office
Reports to: Registrar
Oversees whom: N/A
Summary of Position
- The Executive Assistant to the Registrar is charged with the responsibility of providing high-level administrative support services which range from complex to routine, all of which shall contribute to the efficient management of the day-to-day operations in accordance with AUN Policies and Procedures.
- These duties shall include coordinating workflow within the Registry Division, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, performing clerical functions, preparing correspondence, travels, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- The Executive Assistant shall also relieve the Registrar of administrative detail by setting up a “tickler” system and an “exception reporting” system to handle routine tasks without supervision.
- Also, the Executive Assistant shall routinely re-order office supplies.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Arrange essential mail in an order of priority for the Registrar
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from the Registrar’s dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries professionally and confidentially
- Arrange “call-backs” to protect the Registrar’s time
- Provide back-up materials for call-backs.
- As arranged, “rescue” Registrar from laggards.
- Schedule visits away from the Registrar’s area to protect priority/private tasks.
- Arrange travel cash in advance.
- Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies.
- Prepare expense reports for the Registrar.
- Complete expense reports after every official trip.
- Route calls elsewhere as needed.
- Do phone surveys/inquiries as require
- Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require the Registrar’s attention
- Fix commitments to maximize the Registrar’s time efficiency.
- Prepare agenda for meetings in advance.
- Arrange meeting facilities.
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- A good First Degree in Management, Sociology or related discipline from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years post NYSC experience working as an Executive Assistant
- Should possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Assure discreet handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure.
- Possess great organization skills and planning.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Perform to earn Registrar’s full confidence
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at aun.edu.ng
Application Deadline 29th September, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️