Fully Funded AIG Scholarships 2024/2025 to Study at University of Oxford The African Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is currently accepting applications for the 2024/2025 phase of the program. Students from the West African sub-region are encouraged to seize this opportunity for full sponsorship to study at the University of Oxford. The application is open to graduate students of all backgrounds.
The AIG Scholarships target graduates between the ages of 25 and 45 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills, and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
- Sponsor: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
- Scholarship to be taken at: University of Oxford
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Scholarship Worth: covers full tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters degree level
- Nationality: West African States (e.g. Nigeria and Ghana)
AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 | DETAILS
To achieve our objective of being an impetus for transformation in the Public Sector, the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will finance five grants each year for five years, starting from 2017. These grants are for remarkable West African students from all settings who have an interest in the public sector to study the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to apply their knowledge as change specialists in their nation’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarship program is aimed at young graduate students between the ages of 25 and 35 with solid scholarly capacity, extraordinary scholastic achievements, leadership abilities, and an enthusiasm to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
To be eligible and considered for the AIG Scholarship program, candidates must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Be aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree, or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only shortlisted applicants for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
How-to-Apply: Applications for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 are to be submitted online. Interested and eligible candidates can click here to start the application.
Application Deadline: March 15th, 2024.