Fully Funded Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship 2023-24, USA Scholarship description: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a fully funded scholarship opportunity offered by the US government to international professionals who have a proven track record of leadership and achievement in their fields. The scholarship provides one year of non-degree academic study and professional development at selected universities in the United States.
The program is named after the late US Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, who was known for his dedication to public service and global collaboration. The scholarship aims to honor his legacy by promoting international understanding and cooperation in areas such as sustainable development, democracy and human rights, and public health.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides the following benefits:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the host university
- A monthly maintenance allowance for living expenses, including housing and meals
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Round-trip international airfare from the fellow’s home country to the United States and domestic travel within the United States
- Professional development activities, including workshops, conferences, and networking opportunities
The program is open to mid-career professionals who have at least five years of full-time experience in their field and who have demonstrated leadership qualities and a commitment to public service. Applicants must also have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Humphrey Scholarship application process involves several stages, including an initial review of applications by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s home country, a review of applications by a selection committee in the United States, and an interview with the Embassy or Consulate.
Overall, the Humphrey Fellowship provides a unique opportunity for international professionals to gain new skills and perspectives, build networks with colleagues from around the world, and contribute to global efforts to address pressing social and economic challenges.
2023-24 Hubert H. Humphrey Fully Funded Scholarship, USA is available to pursue scholarship-level programs at US universities.
The following subject is available for study under this scholarship scheme.
This fellowship is fully funded.
Open to international students of all nationalities.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrated English language ability
Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country. Application deadlines vary by country. Applications must contain:
- Complete answers to all questions; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the prompt.
- Two letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded by the applicant are official, valid documents. Transcripts must list courses taken and grades received. Diplomas need only be uploaded if the transcript does not show proof that the degree was obtained.
After national selection, independent review committees review nominations in the United States, and final candidate approval is determined by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. After receiving approval from the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, the U.S. Embassies and Binational Fulbright Commissions will inform candidates of their status.