HOW TO CONCLUDE NYSC TODAY AND RESUME FOR PHD IN THE US BY AUGUST 2024
Firstly, congratulations on your POP. It is certainly a great feat you’ve achieve. Post NYSC is often littered with valleys of decisions and getting the right guide may be the fuel that would drive the engine of success.
To this end;
If pursuing a Post Graduate Studies (MS/PhD) is one of the thoughts pulsating your mind, then you don’t only need to read this piece further, you should print it out and use it to create a plan.
1.0. General information
– BSc/HND is a sufficient requirement to get a PhD admission in the USA WITHOUT Masters.
– 75% PhD programmes in the USA are free. You don’t pay any fee. Some even employ you and pay stipends.
– You will need GRE and TOEFL if your CGPA is quite poor. These are waived by some institutions too.
– The US admission season is ongoing and some some Universities and courses, there are tuition waiver.
2.0. Documents you need.
– Statement of purpose (SOP)
– Academic transcript
– Academic CV
– 3 Letters of Recommendation (LoR)
3.0. What you need to learn how to write.
– Letter of Intent
– Cold Mails
4. What you need to do write away
– Search schools in the US offering your course in the US. Collect the websites and so step 2
– Go to the websites of the Universities, search out the requirements for PhD admission and make a list.
– Search Profs. in your research area and be sure there’s someone who aligns with yours.
– Pay attention to Universities that have waived application fee.
– Apply to as many schools as possible. Send in your documents.
– Check your mail regularly in the next two months for mails from the School’s you apply to.
– When you get admission letter, reach back to a Prof in the University or the graduate school coordinator for funding and financial assistance. I assure you there are abundant of them in the US.
– Apply for the funding opportunities. Win them and be ready for the next phase.
5.0. Visa Application
– Schools that admit you will advice you on getting a dorm I-20 and applying for F1 visa.
– Get the form, fill and submit. Apply for Visa and get scheduled for Visa interview.
– Get expert advice on how to prepare for Visa interview and documentation.
– Pass the interview, get your visa and book for transport medium.
– Arrive in the US in September to begin your PhD studies.
If this interest you and you wish to take this path, seek guidance. I and a few persons on this blue street provide expert guidance in this direction.
I know you can. I am rooting for you.
Moses Udoisoh cares.