Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Ashaka
Requisition ID: 2266
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensures the efficient coordination of all mechanical maintenance related execution activities in any designated area in the plant.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment in the plant with proper feedback to the Sectional Engineer
- Develop /follow working methods in his field: defines procedures and ensures that they are implemented
- Ensures proper planning of work and resources with methods and execution of tasks as assigned in CMMS Or from Mechanical Maintenance Manager and close out same in SAP
- Supervises the missions and objectives of team assigned to him and carries out their performance reviews, responsible for the quality of the work done at site and motivates his personnel
- Ensures respect of safety rules and regulation by the subordinates at work areas
- Review with Planners weekly, monthly and shut down maintenance task according to the production needs.
- Monitor and review /prepare the spare parts list with the planner 2
- Responsible for the availability and management of tools required for daily execution of Task as per departmental tools procedure.
- Participate in critical failure root cause analysis within the plant
- Follows policies in his day-to-day work
- Attends departmental meetings regularly, implement management policies with subordinates, and communicates results to the top mechanical Manager.
- Keeps himself informed of general plant practices so as to ensure “on-call” duty
- Ensure the documentation and filing of all Permits, Assessments and Audit related files for tracking and performance indicators.
List of Direct Reports:
- 3rd party vendors.
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
- Methods department for preparation,
- Planning and generation of work orders
- Third party contractors.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Educational Background & Experience
- HND / Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years hands-on experience in a process industry.
Specific Work Experience:
- Pure and in-depth understanding of mechanics of machines.
- Accuracy in troubleshooting and correction in hydraulic systems.
- Excellent Engineering drawing interpretation.
- Knowledge of various applicable safety standards
- Knowledge of relevant plant equipment and flow
- Knowledge of Critical Path Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Failure Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Welding conventions and operation
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic conventions.
Leadership & Behavioural Skills:
- Accurate, precise and meticulous
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Good judge of human character and emotions
- Strong interpersonal relationship
- Disciplined and dogged
- Level Headed and willing to take instructions
- Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Supervisory skills and people management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Mobile Equipment Planner
Requisition ID: 2294
Employment Type: Full-time
- Effective maintenance planning, scheduling & inventory control as well as preparing master schedule and workload balance to ensure that manpower is effectively utilized, plan each significant job and determine safety requirements, job steps (execution job plan), blueprints, materials, special equipment needs, and manpower required to perform necessary work.
The Mobile Equipment Planner is responsible to prepare all planned maintenance that have to be carried out by the execution team, service companies or contractors. In that role, the Mobile Equipment Planner will work closely with the Mobile Equipment Inspector and the execution team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day job preparation & planning:
- Gather pertinent information needed to plan the work orders in the planning stage of SAP Work Order System, improve the content and quality of information on the work orders and eventually put them in progress after Mobile Equipment Manager validates them.
- Add relevant information to the work orders, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and craftsmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Inform the supervisor/engineer when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
- The incumbent will work with the Storeroom supervisor to update and maintain the equipment parts catalogue, and develop parts catalogues for existing equipment that have none as well as develop equipment tool list for jobs that require such.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will work with the Storeroom Supervisor to review and update parts min-max.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be responsible to improve and maintain the equipment files and history (paper and electronic).
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure timely delivery of spare parts that are placed on order by working with the Purchasing officers and making use of the MFA tracker database program.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing officers & Storeroom Supervisor, the Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with the Lafarge standards, plant equipment reliability and economic constraints. He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt.
- In order to accomplish the prime objective of the position the Mobile Equipment Planner must be versed with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). The incumbent must have knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalogue, requisitioning and inventory systems as well as knowledge of the modern software packages available such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project Scheduler, etc.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be utilized to supervise some jobs and contractors during annual plant
List of direct reports:
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Mobile Equipment Inspector, Supervisor, Inventory, Area Manager, Shift Leader, Workshop.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Planning Compliance
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a minimum of 1 to 3 years of fieldwork experience in the cement industry.
- Computer literacy is essential Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS.
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skill
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with people in multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect of diversity
- Judgement – Ability to apply good judgement and decision making skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willing to keep abreast of new developments in working environment
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Mobile Plant Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mobile Plant Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining loaders, haul trucks, Dozers, grader, excavator’s equipment and machinery, and carrying out operations in line with safety regulations.
- They are also involved in overall quarry operation activities involve; overburden removal, loading, hauling, transporting of raw material from the quarry to the crushing plant, stockpile and overburden tipping area.
- They are also to ensure that quarry operation is carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and result
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Follow up all safety procedures, checks for safety hazards and takes corrective action to eliminate safety hazards
- Effectively and safely operates excavators, loaders, grader, haul trucks, dozer etc utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.;
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and acts accordingly.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to; Communicate with onsite supervisor of daily work requirements
- Be safety conscious in all his/her work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Responsible for safe working conditions on the mobile equipment;
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Company and Operator;
- Keep updated logs of completed work
- Other duties assigned.
- Quality Manager
- Mobile plant Manager
- Mobile plant Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC.
- Minimum of SSCE / O’Levels with 5 credits including Maths and English.
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Commercial Excellence Manager
Job type: Full time
- The overall purpose of role is to lead the Commercial Capability Strategy and implement the defined action plans for capability development for the Sales Force Effectiveness, Marketing team performance, Customer Service team improvement and other commercial units’ performance, in line with delivering the Business Objectives.
- The job holder will identify needs, implement and facilitate learning solutions which will enable the Commercial organization to continuously improve business performance, in line with Best practices.
- The job scope will range from meeting the learning needs of individuals to developing a learning strategy supporting the function.
- The role supports the development of the following teams:
- Sales unit – National Sales Manager, Head of Sales, CRMs, KAMs, SOPs
- Marketing unit – Head of Marketing, Brand Communications Manager, Channel Development Managers, Pricing Manager
- Product & Technical unit – Head of Technical & Innovation, Product development manager, Technical Service Engineers,
- Road segment – Head and Road Technical manager
- Customer Service unit – Head and team
- 3rd Party Sales force and Technical Marketing team
- Distributors and their staff.
- Optimization of sales force productivity;
- People development agenda and processes;
- Fully embedded world class sales skills within Field sales force and corporate sales team;
- Lead person to work with the LH Corporate Sales Excellence team to deploy the Sales academy program for the Commercial function
- Drive the deployment of Train the Trainer programs
- Build coaching capability for Commercial leaders and measure the effectiveness
- Drive Value-Selling mindset within the Sales force
- Overall responsibility to drive the effectiveness of the Salesforce.com CRM tool through training and monitoring.
Operational / Technical / Professional Results:
- Plan & ensure the implementation of development solutions such as the Sales Academy program to provide the opportunity for people and teams to learn and improve their performance while ensuring LH best practices are consistently applied & integrated into the Commercial function.
- Help Sales Department to master the Sales Management cycle and deploy the full Commercial Strategy from A-Z: Customer Portfolio analysis, targeting ABC, Sales & Customers Action plans, Monitor Regional Management scope of work. Conduct diagnosis on activities and focus on areas to improve.
- Drive consistency in the approach to Customers visits, Value-selling, Pricing & Margin Management, Project based sales + “Leading the Sales Force” for HOS & CRM to roll-out Commercial Strategy Continuously align actions with Marketing Plan/initiatives
- Facilitate development programs to ensure that learning objectives are agreed & achieved while creating & managing a pool of competent facilitators.
- Develop coaching competence & culture within the Commercial function to promote a positive learning climate to ensure learning outputs are directly relevant to local organizational requirements to deliver the growth ambition. Drive coaching of the Commercial team to deliver targets and support the leaders to drive all performance management issues to close the gaps.
- Demonstrates high integrity, communication, and effective listening skills, ability to set standards of performance and ability to adapt leadership styles, exhibiting the Lafarge leadership values.
- Drives the Lafarge health and safety policies. Understands the environmental impact of self and other’s work, ensures personal safety of self and others.
- Internally, works with Head of Commercial units, Commercial Performance & Planning, Segment Heads, HR Business Partner, Regional Sales Managers and Talent Manager, and cross-functionally to identify and deliver solutions to meet team and individual capability needs.
- Support the Career development and Talent review process for the Commercial function to ensure a healthy talent pipeline.
- Maintain learning & development budget to ensure that resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Evaluate learning outcomes from the development solutions to ensure that results are achieved cost effectively.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness & efficiency of development programs.
- Monitor & support individuals & teams as they progress through development process.
- Leverage the support of HR and Procurement to manage the process of selection and deployment of Training/development companies/agencies to drive efficiency.
- Diagnose individual and team competence gaps across the Commercial function, communication agencies & 3 rd party sales force.
- Assess the quality of the talent pool to promote targeted learning and development initiatives and ensure cost effective solutions to meet requirements
- Ability to develop win-win solutions, knowledge of goals and needs of other function, cross functional team building and show understanding of the “greater good Externally, works closely with Channel Partners across country, to deliver training solutions and enhance their capabilities in line with company objectives
- Responsible for business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Development of training interventions to improve the Business performance and sustainability of our distributors and their staff.
- Regularly develop and implement programs & solutions to improve the Commercial organisation’s capabilities in the use of Sales & Marketing tools to making our people more professional and efficient.
- Acquires and applies new knowledge, empowers self and others, gives open feedback, lead learning events and coach others effectively.
- Contributes to team development through participation in business development, training, methodology and toolkit development, and recruiting Support Career, learning path and recruitment process with unique effective solutions that enhance the Commercial function effectiveness.
- Sharing best practise: Local initiatives versus regional versus global best practice and keep abreast of the changing/dynamic environment.
- No direct P&L responsibility
- Indirect People Relationships:
- HRBP & L & D Manager
- Commercial Leadership team
- Commercial Performance Manager
- All members of the Commercial team (Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Technical, Product, Road segment)
- Corporate Commercial Performance or other Corporate
Budget & KPI Responsibility:
- Manages the Commercial Training budget
- Responsible for training related KPIs
- Sound understanding of B2B / B2C Sales, marketing, product management and trade execution
- Solid business understanding (construction materials) and business acumen
- Candidate requires commercial astute and Business development competency
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Excellent communicator with good cultural awareness – all level
- Change Management expert
- Customer Relationship Management experience and Solution selling model knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage Head of units
- Demonstrate ability to coach and influence
- Ability to form strong partnership with key stakeholders and transfer these understandings
- Experience in a matrix organization across different functions.
- Ability to translate strategy into operational action plans
- Resilience and stamina with an emphasis on solution seeking
- Proven management skills
- Competency assessment (individual & organizational)
- Motivated and results orientated with the drive to achieve targets
- Innovative and creative with the ability to translate ideas into effective action and outcomes
- Clear and accurate written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- The ability to influence, build and maintain effective relationships
- Strong IT skills and project management capability
Leadership Competencies & Behaviors:
Vision and Purpose
- Set go to market strategies
- Know the business and its trends
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Mobilize people
- Inspire commitment.
Driving for Results:
- Sets and works towards “stretch” goals.
- Focuses on effective implementation
- Build trust and get people’s buy-in
- Challenge and be open to be challenged
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to get strong support and buy-in of Commercial leadership team
- Ability to challenge the Commercial leadership team and earn their respect professionally
- Meeting the people development needs arising from the strategic business plan
- Assessing the competence of the marketing function
- Closing the competency gap
- Improving the level of coaching competence amongst managers
- Planning and working within agreed budget guidelines
- Ensuring positive short and long term feedback on development programmes
- Meeting agreed customer satisfaction criteria
- Receiving positive feedback from facilitation sessions
- Effectively implementing BAT initiatives.
- The Commercial Excellence Manager must be in a position to constructively challenge the Commercial Leadership team while providing direction for the capacity development of their teams, with an appropriate level of authority and autonomy.
- He /she directly reports to: Commercial Director.
Application Closing Date
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers