Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Client Analyst – Client Coverage (Chinese Segment)
Job ID: 52487
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Conduct on-going research and analysis to enable the Relationship Managers to fully understand the clients’ business, context, and identify potential business opportunities for the bank.
- Interpret the research findings and analytics. Make recommendations regarding potential opportunities or risks so that the Relationship Manager is able to proactively identify solutions or mitigate commercial risks
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Conduct Chinese Client and industry research and analysis:
- Conduct research on clients, their business, operations and performance, as well as trends in their specific industries and provide recommendations, risks, analysis and marketing opportunities (CST feedback) at the request of the Managers: Client Coverage.
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) by Leveraging research products and Learning Academy offerings.
- Collaboration with Africa China Banking Centre team to ensure timely client request delivery
Develop and compile Client relationship management reports:
- Analyse information and compile reports and dashboards regarding sales activity and business pipeline that will provide the Managers: Client Coverage with analysis that can be used to inform their account management plans.
- Support Client Coverage Managers with regard to Client Service Team (CST) Management. This will result in well organised CST meetings with input from and attendance by relevant CST members.
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution and / or gathering critical information for the bank. Provide ongoing assistance to Managers: Client Coverage in the implementation of the agreements.
Manage, compile and analyse client information:
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems, and when outdated, liaise with clients to gather the updated information. Update client information that can be used for analysis and marketing purposes.
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance management process.
- Ensure updated and accurate information that can be used for budget planning or performance analysis.
Support the Credit Process:
- Support Managers: Client Coverage in the credit process including credit applications, PCC (paper preparation), excess management, and compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt, zero operational loss issues and other relevant workflows between credit and coverage.
- Assist in conducting an efficient credit process.
- Ensure understanding of, and adherence to, all relevant regulatory compliance requirements.
Assist in the enablement of Chinese Client Deals:
- Review client base for potential High Risk clients on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and prepare credit paper for submission to the Pre-Credit Committee (PCC) in conjunction with the Manager: Client Coverage.
- Develop and prepare appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review in conjunction with the Manager: Client Coverage by sourcing and providing the necessary documentation, analytics and insights of the client.
- Complete routine Portfolio Management and ad hoc project activities.
- Act as escalation point for any identified risks to Manager: Client Coverage.
- Ensure consistent client deal enablement at required standard.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field.
- A post graduate business degree will be considered an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
- Fluent Mandarin speaker (preferrably first generation Chinese from Mainland China)
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise:
- The job holder should as a minimum have the following traits / abilities and personal characteristics good verbal communication
- Ability to express ideas, analysis, findings, formulate recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle, manage and resolve conflict within the unit and across the Debt Solutions Division
- Good numerical ability
- People management skills
- Team player
- Ability to retain optimism despite setbacks
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job ID: 51951
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Define and execute strategic client plans that will ensure the development of strong business relationships and the delivery of profitable and integrated Standard Bank products and services, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenue, risk optimisation and consistent service delivery. This is a relationship management role which could be for either the non-bank financial institutions (NBFI), Consumer or Power & Infrastructure sectors.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Develop and Execute Client Strategic Plan:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic client plans and client solutions in alignment with the sector strategy (together with the core Client Service Teams) and manage and drive the implementation of client plans. Client plans developed and implemented.
- Continuously research and analyse the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance. Discuss current and future business opportunities with clients, and therefore position Standard Bank as a strategic advisor.
Formulate and Manage Client Service Teams:
- Identify individuals best suited to meet the client’s needs across products to form part of the core Client Service Teams (Client Service Teams) (i.e. based on client opportunity and to be reviewed regularly). Client service teams formed and properly directed to service the client effectively.
- Manage Client Relationship Teams across relevant geographies (when applicable) by ensuring that individuals are clear on their contribution and expected outcomes. Client service teams properly informed and clear on their responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank’s internal network to ensure that all the Bank’s relevant expertise is brought to bear in every client interaction, robust and stable client service (in partnership with business lines) is maintained, client results are delivered and that any impediments to client delivery are overcome through the availability of credible internal resources to build and leverage strong long-term relationships with the client’s key decision-makers
- Virtual teams collaborate to share relevant expertise and deliver the best-suited solution to the client.
- Regularly communicate client strategic opportunities to the extended CST, and lead effective communication sharing within the CST.
- Broad and effective client stakeholder relationship management, coordination and monitoring across each client contact point.
- Drive the co-ordination and communication of client information, activities and opportunities through effective CST interaction and use of SalesForce.com
Coordinate client deliverables and manage Client relationships:
- Develop critical relationships with client decision-makers and regularly define and communicate commercial opportunities for new and existing clients of SB. Personally maintain and deepen client relationships at the appropriate level and foster long-term client interest.
- Oversee the execution of client activities in line with developed strategic client plans. Implementation of the client strategic plans.
- Develop and align detailed client marketing plans (with inputs from the GM, TPS, Risk and IB coverage) and drive the client’s pricing and ROE (including relevant drivers e.g. risk grade, industry outlook, etc.). Ensure overall client profitability.
- Coordinate relevant programmes for each client (including entertainment and economic/sector road shows) and participate in key decision-making activities by the client to ensure that the bank is included in any request of advisory and financing services. Positioning of Standard Bank in the client’s environment as the preferred advisor.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders. Proactively respond and anticipate client requirements.
- Ensure the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps identified. Ensure that gaps identified are addressed and that there is improvement in levels of client satisfaction.
Provide Sector Strategy Support and Input:
- Support the Global and / or Sector Head in the overall management and coordination of the client relationship and client/sector strategy including the provision of input into the strategic direction and value proposition of Standard Bank. Client support aligned to the sector or client strategy and business development approach.
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of external markets (at country, sector and client level) to ensure that new opportunities for the bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Deep understanding of the industry’s market environment and opportunities and continuous assessment of competitor landscapes, threats and commercial opportunities for the client.
Manage and drive Financial Performance and Portfolio Management:
- Drive and own annual budgets together with product houses and monitor actual performance against budget, drive product cross- sell and client profitability.
- Manage overall client cost and revenue including the monthly tracking of revue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threads of reducing opportunity.
- Conduct and Optimise client and portfolio risk-adjusted portfolio ROE and CRCOC (against prior year and budget) analysis, Cross Sell Ratio for portfolios, portfolio credit losses and write-offs, pro-active portfolio management resulting in zero losses in the portfolio (including excess management and facility compliance), portfolio actual revenue and net profit growth analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
- Improve sustainability and efficiency of portfolio revenues by maximising share of wallet and cross sell ratio per client
- Proactive portfolio management, business origination and development within the Portfolio and effective timeous management of the portfolio deal pipeline.
Drive Credit and risk management:
- Drive and provide input to timeous preparation, review, sign-off and motivation of PCC and credit paper submissions (managing end-to-end credit process including facility letters, regularisation of conditions, etc.) and optimally allocate credit limits and manage exposures across product and geography.
- Act as the “first line of defence” as required by the Credit Standard.
- Ensure portfolio compliance with risk management frameworks (Credit, Legal & Regulatory)
- Ensure understanding
Maintain Knowledge of products, services and capabilities are across the bank:
- Maintain proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
- Leverage research products offered by the bank for the client’s advantage and focus on enhancing cross-selling opportunities and originating profitable transactions in conjunction with the product areas.
- Develop, share and exhibit a deep understanding of clients’ strategic objectives, their business and the markets within which they operate, in order to add the right value.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Standard Bank’s strategy, footprint and capabilities to ensure relevant and informed client conversations
Comply and conduct routine activities:
- Conduct set routine activities such as, produce monthly reporting, reviewing of pricing, interests’ rates, etc. Ensure the accuracy of the data in the system.
- On an annual basis, review the pricing concessions. – Ensure that the price has been approved by the pricing committee and the client has been advised accordingly.
Enable Client Deals by reviewing client base:
- Ongoing review of client base for potential High Risk clients.
- Guide the development and review credit paper for submission to the Pre- Credit Committee (PCC).
- Guide the development and review appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review.
- Act as escalation point for any identified risks.
- Consistent client deal enablement at required standard.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate qualifications in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other relevant degree or NQF equivalent. Other relevant qualifications including post graduate qualifications such as an MBA is considered a bonus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the client service environment.
- An additional 3 years within the credit or product environment is considered an advantage.
- Customer and client-focused Innovation
- Leading Courageously
- Seeking Deeper Understanding
- Aligning Business to Strategy
- Inspiring Performance for Execution
- Holding People Accountable
- Growing Capability
- Purposeful Collaboration
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview