MTN Nigeria is a subsidiary of MTN Group, Africa’s largest cellular telecommunications business. Following the highly hailed Nigerian GSM auction held earlier in the year by the Nigerian Communications Commission, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call on May 16, 2001.
1). Coordinator – Device Logistics and Support
- To support in identifying new device technology and coordinate the development and review of test processes and procedures for all broadband device categories.
- To ensure device distribution and stock management in compliance with laid-down processes and procedures in alignment with the regional sales teams.
- Manage broadband device quality, testing, performance, and functionality in line with business needs and network compatibility
- Develop strategies and collaborate with internal stakeholders on broadband device category requirements, packaging, and procurement.
- Provide regular support and updates to vendors and users where technical upgrades or support are required for device performance and functionality.
- Ensure broadband device categories are bundled with approved data propositions and relevant information.
- Monitor broadband device performance and coordinate feedback and swap processes on defective, faulty, or damaged devices.
- Provide outstanding technical support with the use of a variety of technical tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues in real-time and investigate solutions.
- Execute all periodic device-related initiatives.
- Work with regional technical staff in the areas of device performance, fault and escalation management, and effective solutions.
- Work with regional field sales staff in the area of logistics and planning to undertake effective sales activities.
- Work with marketing, IT, NWK, and GSSC to ensure device quality management.
- First degree in social sciences or computer science or engineering
- Fluent in English
3–7 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience working with others to include:
- Experience in project planning, product testing, customer support, engineering, or a related function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Telecoms experience would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a medium organization
2). Coordinator – Regional Safety
- To ensure the effective management of risk while identifying, implementing, monitoring, and ensuring control for mitigating hazards
- To ensure the MTNN safety systems and processes are in compliance with relevant applicable laws and requirements
- To ensure the safety of all persons, company assets, and the reputation of the company within the safety space
- Advice and support MTN Regional Management and Staff on results from audits and risk assessments related to the following areas: work areas, operations, critical jobs, and critical tasks to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Conduct regular safety, health, and environmental (SHE) surveillance to identify hazards and actively prevent incidents.
- Develop and review SHE-specific targets for regional operations in line with the MTN SHE annual plan and evaluate contractor SHE performance for the region.
- Co-ordinate SHE Audits on MTN Facilities and BTS Sites and Partners (e.g., MTNN-approved hotels) and contractor sites to monitor compliance with approved SHE standards and/or relevant local and international legislation and co-ordinate pre-mobilization audits for clients within the area of coverage.
- Participate actively through the provision of advice and support during the regional incident investigation to establish the root cause, cascade lateral learnings, and make recommendations to minimize re-occurrence.
- Monitor MTNN contractors on SHE issues and ensure compliance with MTNN SHE policy requirements.
- Produce a weekly performance report on the regional SHE activities to support the overall SHE objectives and a quarterly regional performance report.
- Participate in the development and review of SHE processes and procedures by ensuring that documentation is done in line with the best practices and standards.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities of direct reports, and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation are recorded and available for business use.
- Ensure timely resolution of all applicable or relevant internal concerns within scope.
- A first degree in any of the sciences, engineering, arts, or humanities
- An MSc or MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
3–7 years of relevant experience in SHE management and coordination
- Membership in the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) or any other recognized HSE organization
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in Professional Safety, Health, and Environment Functions, with good exposure to and level of experience in HSE
- Proficient in MS Office applications and other Microsoft tools
- Ability to use and understand SHE software tools and applications and apply them to work
3). Senior Manager – Platforms Infrastrucre
- Ensure future proof Core networks, and network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external. Strategic planning (brainstorming with all relevant departments) for Core networks.
- Active participation in FiberCo and GC central expansion and growth initiatives
- Delivery of Roaming, Messaging, Signaling, Voice Core & UCC platform solutions enabling new and existing services.
- Translate MTNGC’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the roaming and mobility platforms
- Requirements for the messaging platform
- Requirements for the signaling network
- Requirements for the voice core platforms
- Requirements for the unified communications and collaboration platforms
- Requirements for the value-added services (VAS) and security networks relating to above.
- Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost Core networks to support MTNGC rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments.
- Plan and monitor Core planning budget in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets
- Select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout
- Ensure Network Service Provider (NSP) and Hyperscaler Provider requirements are met, oversee technical planning initiatives.
- Develop the capacity and functionality requirements for the Core network elements.
- Development of policies on the deployment of selected equipment
- Oversee and approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.)
- Oversee outsourced projects, vendor selection and relationship, vendor performance and solution delivery.
- Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors
- Oversee Rollout of the Core platforms
- Ensure on time planning and designs are released
- Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance
- Oversees the issues relating to resource requirements to complete critical design, planning and process tasks
- Defining and managing KPI’s
- Communicates actively throughout Planning group.
- Act as technical representative in contract negotiations with BLS/Commercial legal department
- Manage budgetary management for both capital and operational expenditure
The Role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Developing the MTN GC planning function to meet the changing needs of the business and users, new projects, and technologies
- Collaborating with business teams to continuously evolve MTN GC systems, focusing on supporting increased sales, customer experience, and profitability.
- Facilitating Network governance process in coordination with MTN GCTIO stakeholders and Senior Management, participate in planning for future strategic innovation and business needs.
- Defining Core network planning tools, processes, and standards, and roadmaps.
- Reviewing the designs and functional requirements of the Core network within scope to ensure that all requirements are satisfied.
- Working with business and technology leaders as appropriate to ensure proper alignment of business systems solutions with business goals and processes.
- Establishing standards, methodologies, and documentation for the Core networks.
- Deliver a target Product and Services architecture with a 3 year time horizon taking global technology developments into consideration
- Maintain budgetary spend within the company approved business plan
- Ensure timeous rollout of Core infrastructure and services.
- According to departmental KPI’s in line with the company mission, objectives, and customer satisfaction indices
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (B Eng. / BSc Degree preferred)
- Master’s degree (advantageous)
- Relevant certification/accreditation/membership with professional body as required for role
- Fluent in English and language of country (preferable)
- 5+ Years of progressive experience managing the implementation, integration, and operations of carrier-level applications in a variety of technology footprints.
- Functional experience in Core platforms including messaging, mobility, roaming, Signaling, and related value-added services (VAS) and security.
- Knowledge of IP, CCNA is an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of virtualisation and cloud-based solutions and technologies in relation to Roaming, Messaging and Signaling platforms
- Hands on experience with Roaming, Messaging and Signaling hubs / platforms as well as value added platforms.
- Hands on experience with SMS Routing, Hub, and Firewall technology
- Understanding open connectivity roaming hub and/or experience working with Data Clearing Houses is a valuable asset.
- Strong Knowledge on GSM/LTE/5G network architecture and Signaling architecture (STP’s/DRA/DEA).
- Strong Knowledge on End to End architecture and connectivity at solution level including core network, Signaling, roaming and VAS.
- Expert Knowledge of Signaling protocols and standards relating to CAMEL/GRX/GTP/DIAMETER, SIP, RTP, MEGACO, SCCP, GSM MAP and SS7/SIGTRAN/ISUP.
- Understanding of the standard call flows for messaging, roaming Vas and Signaling involving multiple services.
- Basic understanding of IPX and its positioning with the career network infrastructure.
- Understanding of IoT platforms, providers and mobile roaming and roaming VAS.
- Expert in SMS/SMPP data solutions (A2P, P2A, P2P, RCS, etc).
- Understanding of billing systems, CDR’s, TAP flows, TAP files.
- Knowledge of UNIX-Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, Linux and cloud technology including containerisation (CNF’s).
- Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s), API’s.
- Understanding of other core platform and network areas including voice core, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security. Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols
- Understanding of troubleshooting processes for connectivity and services.
- Functional experience in Core platforms including voice, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and call flows as well a troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s) and API’s.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud native solutions i.e containerisation (CNF’s).
- Strong Knowledge on IMS Core technologies and GSM/LTE/5G network architecture.
- Strong knowledge in Voice Core network elements – MSC, MGW, HLR, HSS, SBC and IMS (TAS and CSCF), EPC.
- Extensive experience with unified communications and collaboration (UCC) platforms including voice, IP telephony, instant messaging, desktop sharing, presence and web conferencing, audio and video conferencing, hosted contact centre solutions, etc.
- Strong understanding of various deployment architectures and approaches including customer premise, infrastructure partnerships, interconnects, cloud delivery UCaaS, etc.
- Understanding and experience with IP, VoLTE, VoWiFi, or IMS nodes (SBG, CSCF, DNS/ENUM, MMTEL, SCC-AS, HSS, AFG).
- Experience and knowledge with Mobile Number portability and Number inventory management solutions.
- Platform analytics relating to voice and UCC platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and agility towards change both organisational and network
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous)
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 2 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Detailed knowledge on the international telecommunication infrastructure industry regarding latest industry trends and competitive landscape within the MTN GC footprint
- Strong understanding of managed networks
- Strong analytical skills to be able to execute market analysis, competitor landscape reports and customer monitoring – Understanding the connectivity infrastructure wholesales landscape with a focus of emerging markets
- Ensures execution of strategies through creating and implementing tactical plans for others to follow
- Encourages commercial innovation and continuous improvement for systems, processes, products, and service offerings
- Role models ethical practices by living the MTN values and vital behaviours for others to follow
- Builds relationships across the business in order to influence decision-makers and build team credibility
- Produces sustainable divisional results through ethical practices
- Sets priorities, plans, organizes and co-ordinates the work of others
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Accountable for a customer centric culture.
- Employee relations and collaborative teamwork.
- Build professionalism, loyalty, and commitment to the organization.
- Communicate actively and effectively resolving any potential conflicts that may arise.
- Living the MTN Brand – changing and influence employees behaviour.
- Manage conflict proactively and monitor disciplinary and grievance actions and trends
- Team learning and knowledge sharing within team; appropriate strategic timing for people up-skilling in line with newly developed technologies and strategic practices.
The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall ensure the leadership and performance for the Roaming Hub in all of the following areas operationally:
- Bayobab positioning as the best Roaming hub provider in Africa and the Middle East.
- Management: provide operational advice, oversight, and coordination with the SM, colleagues, and Bayobab stakeholders internally
- OpCo: Establish and maintain direct relationships to MTN OpCo technical and network teams.
- Reporting: Creation and presentation of regular reporting about technical operations performance, as well as MTN OpCo and Roaming Partner (“RP”) engagement
- Roaming Partners: Ensure the end-to-end engagement with RPs in terms of coordination, management, and onboarding in Business Operations
- Roaming Testing: IREG, TADIG, & GRQ testing performance, vendor management, and SIM Card Administration
- Roaming VAS: Maintain oversight and reporting over the performance of Traffic Steering, Messaging, BRG, GLR, & VHE Solutions
- Insourcing: engagement with internal process vendors, e.g. Managed Services and Finance
- Outsourcing: Engagement with external process vendors, e.g. signalling, testing, and RVAS
- Processes: Ensure the end-to-end documentation and understanding of operational processes
The Roaming Business Operations Manager will be accountable to achieve the following core KPA’s:
- Representation: Technical and contractual representation of the Roaming Hub internally and externally
- Engagement: With OpCo’s, RPs, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and external vendors
- Reporting: Regular weekly, monthly, and ad-doc reporting on all assigned areas
- Testing: Ensure the planning and reporting of all IR Service Opening & Testing (SOT), as well as any issues with the external vendor
- RVAS: Ensure the planning, performance, and reporting of all IR RVAS, as well as any issues with the external vendors and OpCo’s
- Vendors: Ensure management and accountability of outsourced processes and engagement with vendors
The Roaming Business Operations Manager’s responsibilities in this position are to:
- Advise the SM of Roaming Business on all technical and contractual aspects of the Roaming Hub.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and develop direct reports.
- Provide development, coaching, and performance feedback, as well as appraisal to assigned subordinates.
- Produce, review, and provide regular and on-going Business Operations reporting.
- Partner with Wholesale, Market Manager, Managed Services, Bayobab stakeholders, and external vendors to ensure optimum smooth and seamless technical and contractual operations of the Roaming Hub.
- Analyse service performance parameters of Business Operations and RPs and use Roaming Hub intel to improve operational performance.
- The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall deliver the following output in this position:
- Ensure that Roaming Business Operations Reports are created and reported up and down the chain
- Ensure proper action plans are in place to correct and exceed operational performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled appraisals of all direct reports in terms of IPF (EVP).
- Involve the SM of Roaming and Bayobab Wholesale Mobility Commercial, as, when, and how prescribed.
- Conduct regular Roaming Business Operations to report on performance and set action plans for Testing, and RVAS.
- Signalling: Engage with Managed Services and the MTN Bayobab Signalling Hub and to ensure the performance of Roaming Signalling Hub and to provide timely feedback
- RVAS: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Mobileum
- Testing: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Vendor
- OpCo’s: update Bayobab Roaming Account Management on OpCo engagement monthly.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, Engineering, and/or Telecommunications
- Formal leadership certification training (preferred)
- English: verbal and written proficiency
- French and any other language: an advantage
- Leadership experience gained in International Roaming operations, preferably also in a Roaming Hub
- Experience in commercial contract negotiations, preferably IR Hub Agreements
- 5 + years’ experience in the leadership and development of teams
- Experienced in creating and conducting presentations in English.
- Experienced in presenting to senior management and executives.
- Experience in engagement with and management of external vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influencing skills, in particular with decision-makers.
- End-to-end understanding of mobile roaming operations – both technical and commercial.
- Broad knowledge of roaming billing, network engineering, and roaming operations.
5). Engineer – Submarine Network Support
- Carry out preventive maintenance of terminal station (dry plant) equipment. This include but not limited to:
- SLTE alarm check
- SLTE performance monitoring
- SLTE optical measurement
- PFE alarm check
- PFE voltage/current check
- PFE calibration
- SN (submarine NMS) backup
- Wet plant monitoring (repeater and branching unit)
- Maintain the SLDs (Straight Line Diagrams) and RPLs (Route Position List), ensuring that they are updated after every major cable repair.
- Perform corrective maintenance on terminal station equipment in coordination with the NOC. This includes but not limited to:
- Make observations
- Initiate corrective procedures or decide on course of action
- Record all relevant observation and results
- Rectify faults or notify responsible section
- Perform first line equipment repair or notify responsible authority
- Implement dispatch procedure for faulty equipment
- Confirm repair
- Compile report on any failure event
- Maintain and update system maintenance documents
- Implement WOs (Work Orders) for new circuits in conjunction with the NOC.
- Test new circuits in conjunction with other stations and local terrestrial network O&M staff.
- Inventory management. The management of installed and spare inventory.
- Monitor the routine maintenance activities of suppliers and act as RHE for them in case of emergency and recommend changes to agreed methods and procedures based on observation and data.
- Implement and maintain all interconnectivity on customer access pre-cabled and On-demand ODFs based on WOs for MTN and other submarine cable parties.
- Provide first line maintenance on MTN terrestrial backhaul network equipment at the landing station.
- A first degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers microwave, satellite and fiber optic transmission equipment.
6). Specialist – Onboarding and Employee Services, MTN GlobalConnect
Job Identification: 2048
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Key Performance Areas
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Act as the first point of contact between the candidates and the company including interviews, tests, and interpersonal communication to present good first impression of the company.
- Post vacancies on official advertising channels, ORC/LinkedIn/MTN Careers website.
- Screen and filter all resumes submitted to the open job order, seeking only the most qualified applicant as per MTN Global Talent Standards.
- Administrate the Hirevue assessment & shortlisting platform.
- Arrange interviews for hiring managers.
- Perform Background and reference Checks for all prospective hires, accurately documenting these activities.
- Ensure feedback is provided to the applicants (CV acknowledgment, Regret Letters, Offer letters)
- Prepare internal memos for changing assignments, and promotions for internal employees.
- Record and maintain new employees’ files and documents.
- Ensure availability of all related documents to manage the VISA /Work permit process issuing ahead of time.
- Coordinate seamless onboarding and induction of New Joiners in coordination with internal stakeholders and OpCo HRs.
- Manage the probation period process in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper filing and information retrieval of all related documents
- Spool data & report on recruiting activities and onboarding programs to guide management.
Employee Relations & Services:
- Provide Human Resource support to all employees based in Rest of the World (ROW), liasing actively with HR support person at the different OpCos
- Seek to add value to the company by offering advice and assistance to new and current employees.
- Establish, maintain and foster good relationships between the company and employees.
- Manage, monitor and control all company employee’s attendance and leave through the Human Capital Management (HCM) system
- Ensure the proper follow-up of employees’ requests and reply to their inquiries and complaints in a timely manner (HR helpdesk, emails).
- Manage and coordinate Employee medical, life and PA insurance policy and participate in the yearly tendering process.
- Ensure involvement in multiple aspects of the business, including production statistics, employee data status and other projections.
- Respond to complex queries and manage all aspects of issues across the employee lifecycle such as disciplinaries, PIP processes, redundancies, and support the HR leadership with new projects.
- Conduct adequate communication about HR Business Partnering with line managers of all divisions, through the scheduled quarterly meetings and as the need arise.
- Take part in designing and executing social events to boost employee engagement and enhance work-life balance.
- Timely provide necessary requested reports
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Time to fill/ Hiring ratio.
- Turnover ratio.
- Sentimeter results (e.g. HR Service)
- Effective management of Secondments and Secondees
- 100% information and data compliance.
- Effective communication channels/ initiatives.
- Compliance to Policies & Procedures.
- Minimum of 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in anequivalent specialization (Human Resources or Business Administration)
- English and additional language is an advantage.
- Potential manager track record of 3+ years; with experience in HR Operations, Recruitment and Employee relations.
- Working in the Telecom industry is preferable.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Deadline: 30th October, 2023.
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply:
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers