Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Closeout Manager – Operations, Finance, Logistics – Nigeria IHP
Job Requisition ID: req20134
Project Overview and Role
USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) in Nigeria:
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhoea.
- The program works closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions are tailored to local contexts and are aimed to be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
- IHP is a USAID-funded $225M IDIQ contract with six task orders and a possible seventh task order follow on. The end dates of the task orders are as follows:
- Task Order 2: December 27, 2024
- Task Order 3: January 30, 2024
- Task Order 4: March 31, 2024
- Task Order 5: April 30, 2024
- Task Order 6: December 27, 2024
- Task Order 7: December 27, 2024
- IHP is seeking a Closeout Manager – Operations, Finance, and Logistics to provide support during close out of all task orders and to complete key operations, finance, and logistics related tasks.
Reporting and Supervision:
- This role will report directly to the Director of Finance and Administration in Abuja. This position will also work closely with the various State Finance and Administration Directors and State Teams.
- The position will be in Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travel to Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, and Ebonyi.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide program management and surge support to the Chief of Party (COP), Director of Finance and Administration, and State Finance and Administration Directors on an as-needed basis.
- Work with team based in Abuja on key operational tasks, and travel to the different task order states to assist operational and finance staff with close-out related tasks.
- Work with team based in Washington, DC to coordinate on key operational tasks and closeout duties for all task orders on an as needed basis.
- Provide ongoing close-out support across the following areas: Programmatic, Personnel, Administrative, Financial, Legal, Contracts & Compliance, Facilities, Logistics, Grants/Procurements, Records Management, and Operations.
- Maintain an updated Closeout Tracker and coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure that all closeout tasks are completed in a timely, accurate manner.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing Operations, Finance, and Logistics related activities with an emphasis on USAID-funded projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large projects, budgets, and client expectations.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Experience with closeout of USAID funded contracts would be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel frequently for 2-3 weeks at a time.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Job Requisition ID: req20135
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the activity monitoring, evaluation and learning plan;
- Supports the implementation of the framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in supported States;Provides support for performance monitoring and evaluation to IHP State Teams;
- Supports analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data and reports for monitoring project activities;
- Assist in training team members, health staff and partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of the project;
- Assist in training and monitoring partners / stakeholders in the use of data for management decision-making; enabling result based management;
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to donor and stakeholders within timelines;
- Supports in the routine submission of data to all platforms within timelines;
- Supports information and knowledge sharing across project sites and partners;
- Other duties as appropriate and as requested
- Some travels to supported States should be expected;
- Reports directly to IHP Senior ICT Specialist
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Evaluation (MEL) Officer will have experience working in MEL of public health programs.
- The Officer will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MEL for health systems and healthcare provision programming, and experience working with different cadres of government.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Information Management or related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for public health projects.
- Familiarity with USAID / International indicators, standard tools and reporting, in the areas of RH/FP, MNH, Child Health, Nutrition, Malaria, HSS, COVID and other technical areas.
- Expert knowledge of NHMIS and DHIS2.
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Competency in statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) is desirable.
- Competency in analytics and visualization software (PowerBI, Tableau) is desirable.
- Competency in Online / Real time data software (ODK, KoboCollect, Google Sheets) is desirable
- Competency with GIS analysis and use is desirable
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with relevant government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Health Informatics Specialist
Job Requisition ID: req20142
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to recruit a Health Informatics specialist to support the Federal Ministry of Health towards its goal of provision of quality stewardship and services.
- The Health Informatics Specialist will provide technical support in the planning, developing, and implementation of National digital health tools that enhance availability and access to health data, while improving the efficiency of the Strategic Information unit of the National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP).
- This will be achieved by working under the stewardship of the Head- Strategic Information unit at the various iterations of duties from ideation and planning for health informatics projects, supporting design, quality assurance, documentation, and deployment of existing applications towards the establishment of a robust ecosystem that enhances the health data value chain and supports data analytics and decision making.
- The Health Informatics specialist will also play a key role in stakeholder management and capacity strengthening to enhance sustainability of the programme’s health information systems.
- The Health Informatics Specialist will report to the NASCP Head of Strategic Information with direct liaison to the Informatics Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in the planning, development, deployment and monitoring of the programme’s health information systems and digital tools including Electronic Medical Records systems and Health Information Management Systems.
- Development and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement and coordination plans as per FMOH guidelines.
- Manage stakeholder mapping and assist in stakeholder communications including managing the existing and new technical working groups and communities of practice.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Information at NASCP in managing and facilitating the health informatics related meetings and forums.
- Provide advisory insights in products’ planning, development and implementation stages as required.
- Support implementation of NASCPs digital strategies and solution architectures while ensuring the programmers get the best value from digital tools.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the NDR and LAMISplus and other ENMR systems.
- Support internal and external capacity building activities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to articulated, document and implement business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for digital health tools.
- Participate in the planning and documentation of technical specifications of health information systems design and features.
- Support compliance to GoN and global best practices and standards including the principles of digital development for health information systems supporting the programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Health Informatics, Public Health or a related field.
- 3 years of experience supporting development and implementation of digital tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment.
- Understanding and application of coding languages with examples
- Exceptional time management skills and solid interpersonal skills
- Work experience in business analysis, quality assurance and stakeholder management.
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Good written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands on experience in development and implementation of Information Systems that support health and social protection programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Global Goods for digital health such as DHIS2, OpenMRS and OpenHIE at Government level scale will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers