Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Local Regulatory Reporting
Employment Type: Full-time
- Citibank Nigeria reports Basel / IFRS compliant reports to the Central Bank of Nigeria and other financial services regulatory authorities.
- The role of Regulatory Reporting is a critical function placed within Nigeria’s Finance department and reports directly to the Country Finance Officer (CFO) on all aspects of activities outlined below:
- The purpose of the role is to ensure: Regulatory returns submitted to key regulators of Citi Nigeria are accurate, timely and of high quality; analytical insights on these returns are available to management for the purpose of decision making; that strong controls are applied and implemented during the process, and opportunities for process improvements are identified and implemented along the way.
- Support the analysis and submission of reports to various regulatory authorities based on applicable requirements such as IFRS, BASEL, ICAAP, Pillar 3 Disclosure and local regulatory reporting rules.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory returns.
- Accurate review, analysis and filing of regulatory returns to the regulators and management.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory ratios.
- Have a sound understanding of the financial statements and the accounting standards and their impact on various reporting aspects within Finance;
- Provide analysis and responses to all issues relating to CBN and NDIC queries on an on-going basis;
- Review, interpret and implement CBN and NDIC regulations as required by the local regulator;
- Application of strong internal controls, with a focus on continually strengthening the control environment.
- Identifying areas where process improvements can be made to achieve efficiencies and a strong control environment;
- Support the improvement of data quality as it pertains to financial and regulatory reporting.
- On an annual basis, support the external regulatory audit.
- Support the CFO and Controller with ad-hoc requests.
- Support application and implementation of IFRS standards.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures relating to regulatory reporting.
- Provide support (preparation of committee packs, analysis of information for business purposes) for various management committee meetings and external meetings (Regulator on-site visits), including ability to assist with chairing meetings where required.
- Working closely with Business partners and other functions in relation to regulatory reporting as appropriate.
- Produce metrics to senior management highlighting key regulatory issues and remediation status and maintain and enhance related operational and analytical procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating cluster and regional regulatory control deliverables (LRR)
- Assist in the development of process efficiencies and improvement efforts as well as data quality improvement projects.
- Interpret policies, guidelines, and processes and resolve complex problems and transactions.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess regulatory risk when business decisions are made.
- B.Sc in Accounting / Finance or related qualification
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
- 15 years post-graduation experience out of which at least 10 years must have been in the banking industry
- Experience in at least three major areas of banking
- Strong Experience in Bank’s Regulatory and Financial Reporting Environment.
- Strong experience in local prudential and Basel regulations.
- Working knowledge of related industry practices and standards
- Ability to work with multiple functions.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Good in relationship Management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers