Stears is an intelligence startup of 25+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world’s most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience. Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role is within the Stears Advisory Division. You will primarily report to the Head of Advisory and may also be required to report findings and insights to the CEO and Management Operations team. You will be involved in
Data Reporting and Analysis:
- Monitoring and enforcing consultant compliance with time tracking tools, reporting non-compliance to senior management
- Researching and applying the most relevant metrics for tracking and analyzing people and project data to different stakeholders (e.g. project lead, CEO, people operations manager)
- Analyzing consultant capacity and utilization data—across project types, tasks, periods etc.—synthesizing data into insights and recommendations, and presenting to senior management to help drive people management decisions
Project Management on Client Projects
- Approaching clients and team members in an organised and knowledgeable manner to deliver clear requests for information
- Arranging and participating in client meetings and supporting client management, including periodic check-ins and project updates
- Develop project plans and deliverables schedules with the project team lead and enforce the timely delivery of outputs.
- Developing the project plan for delivering on project requirements
- Identifying risks and dependencies and overseeing and supporting all workstreams
- Using data from previous projects to estimate the duration of tasks and monitor deviations
- Setting up projects on time tracking tool and ensuring consistency of tasks across projects
- Supporting project admin, e.g. preparing timesheets for project billing when required, travel arrangements, invoicing etc.
- Project management on strategic internal workstreams, e.g. researching and developing new team structures and processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and supporting the delivery of high-quality outputs
- Ability to use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making and to analyze, interpret or extract insights from data
- Ability to simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points for management
- Ability to act to resolve issues that prevent the team from working effectively.
- Ability to manage people on tight deadlines, undertake long-term planning, define scopes, manage timelines and distill large, complex problems into clear instructions for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels
- Proven track record of leading teams demonstrated by previous experience managing a team or small teams to deliver measurable outcomes
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly in writing and speaking
- Ability to address sub-standard work or work that does not meet Stears’ expectations.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple external stakeholders, including clients, regulators, suppliers, etc.
- Background working in a research or consulting environment is preferred.
- Competitive salaries at all levels. This role may also be eligible for other discretionary compensation schemes
- 25 days of paid time off—excluding public holidays—as well as parental, compassionate and sick leave days
- Additional discretionary financial assistance for tools needed to bolster employee productivity
- Provision of—or reimbursement for—comprehensive health insurance plans
- Investment in training and professional development
- Access to working spaces in Lagos and Abuja for hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Access to an expert Intelligence team and unlimited access to our Stears Insights product. Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts covering a wide range of sectors, all passionate about delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Why it’s important:
- Stears produces some of the highest quality insights and data on the African continent for businesses, investors, researchers, and policymakers. The role of a social media manager is to drive top-of-the-funnel growth for Stears while nurturing a social audience into leads and customers.
What it covers:
- As a Social Media Manager, your mission is to own our social media strategy and execute it to achieve our business objectives. This means leveraging existing high-quality data & insights to drive exponential audience growth, engagement and lead generation.
Who you will work with:
- This role is part of the Growth team. You will report to the Growth Lead, but you will collaborate closely with Corporate Communications, Content Marketing, Insights Analysts, Design, and Product.
- Develop and implement a hybrid social media strategy (B2C and B2B) to increase brand visibility, generate leads, and drive engagement across various social platforms.
- Collaborate effectively with relevant teams and stakeholders to achieve strategic media and business goals. You can expect to work with a content marketer, corporate comms manager, insight analysts, product managers, sales, design, etc.
- Lead the creation of super informative and engaging content for social media in various formats like threads, carousels, stories, text, audio, video, etc.
- Own and manage a cross-platform content calendar to ensure effective planning and consistent distribution of content and articles across social media channels.
- Manage Ad budget and report effective usage.
- Create a process to stay on top of social media conversations and trends to inform content planning.
- Conduct regular audience research to identify social media needs and ensure the content created is apt and never misses the mark.
- Identify key metrics, create periodic reports and share performance updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure social media content and audience engagement meet desired brand standards, i.e. error-free, not abusive and safe, consistent tone-of-voice, style etc.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to handle all support and brand inquiries.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years experience working in social media management, preferably in a hybrid B2C and B2B company.
- Experience defining social media strategy to deliver brand awareness, audience growth and engagement.
- Strong understanding of B2C and B2B marketing principles and strategies.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing social media strategies that drive lead generation for a B2B business.
- Experience designing and running social media experiments to optimise growth and glean actionable insights.
- Experience using tools like MailChimp, Buffer, Hubspot, TweetDeck, Sendible, Canva, LinkTree, Linkinbio, Google Sheets/Excel, Airtable etc., to efficiently plan and execute tasks.
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Experience running social media Ads to boost content performance and deliver growth targets.
- Experience creating social media Ad budgets, managing and reporting performance.
- Exceptional copywriting and storytelling skills.
- Strict attention to detail and shoot for the highest standards.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate productively with cross-functional teams.
- Interest in African economies and business landscape.
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Flexible working (office or remote) as you require.
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off – 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team – Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience – These are the top reasons analysts report having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills which apply beyond a specific domain
- Develop strong writing skills that can be leveraged in other stages of their careers
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Advisory Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
Your Role at Stears
- As an Advisory project lead, you are one of the intellectual leaders within the Advisory division. You will lead project teams that use data and insights to solve clients’ problems.
- These clients are the world’s largest and most impactful policy and investment decision-makers.
- At Stears, you will help them diagnose complex problems, gain a deep and accurate understanding of issues, opportunities and industry, and develop recommendations.
- You will collaborate across functional teams such as Design, Data Analytics, Growth, Insights and Senior Management to deliver outputs.
- Independently lead and manage the delivery of client projects.
- Design and execute project methodologies for research, data and insights projects, including scoping problems and reviewing deliverables produced by other consultants and providing guidance on improving those deliverables.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders and key players across Africa’s business environment.
- Leverage critical thinking frameworks and mental models to structure and solve—sometimes new and ambiguous—problems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Manage resources to balance and ensure the timely delivery of client and internal commitments.
- Lead your personal and professional development goals, and continually develop domain expertise through internal and external training and studies.
- Contribute to the commercial success of Stears Advisory through a focus on value-creation for clients.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in a structured work environment. An advanced Master’s degree and previous work experience in an operational, consulting, research or related role is preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of structuring problems, synthesising information and research data into relevant and actionable outputs understandable by non-technical stakeholders, ideally in a professional environment
- High analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking to solve ambiguous problems and to spot trends in data, aggregate, disaggregate, compare and combine datasets to answer questions.
- Experience managing relationships with multiple external stakeholders, including clients, regulators, suppliers, etc.
- Experience managing teams to deliver measurable outcomes and a proven ability to manage team deadlines. This involves long-term planning and clear instructions. Must know how to mentor and lead others within the team.
- Project management skills, demonstrated by previous experience defining project scope, managing timelines, and internal and external stakeholders to deliver small to medium-sized projects.
- Experience presenting to professional audiences and senior leaders
- Excellent written communication skills in English and local languages, as required
Why Stears is such a Great Place to Work
Our consultants report Stears to be the best experience of their careers because it gave them the opportunity to:
- Deepen their analytical and critical thinking skills, which they apply beyond specific domains and disciplines.
- Develop strong writing and presentation skills that they leveraged in other stages of their careers.
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry.
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data and insights more widely available.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Senior Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full Time
- Why it’s important: Stears produces some of the highest quality content and data on the African continent, produced by a deeply analytical, Intelligence team. A Sales Associate’s role is to grow our reach through corporate subscription sales.
- What it covers: As a Sales Associate, your mission is to set and meet the team’s corporate and group sales targets.
- Who you will work with: This role is part of the Growth team. You will report to the COO/Head of Growth.
- Consistently closing new corporate deals/licenses.
- Coordinating with growth teams on lead generation.
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Continuously iterate on and improve sales processes as the business evolves and expands.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in B2B sales and an interest in building a world-class sales team.
- Experience working in a startup environment and comfortable working with new sales processes.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of data and information products.
- Strict attention to detail and shoots for the highest standards.
- The ability to collaborate efficiently with multiple teams.
- Interest in African economies and business landscape is preferred.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Why it’s important: At Stears, the Product Designer will play a key role in the company, as we produce high-quality information that can only be delivered through a high-quality medium and a rich user experience.
Therefore, we need you to
- Contribute to the design life-cycle of multiple live products.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to deliver various Stears products.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Maintain the design system ensuring there is consistency in component usage across our products.
- Represent the design team, goals and constraints while shaping the product development roadmap.
- Lead and collaborate with the team on user experience research and usability testing.
- Gather internal and external feedback on designs and use it to manage and improve your design process in a transparent and organized fashion.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Raise the bar for product design at Stears. Consistently challenge, simplify, and standardize our design choices to make them simpler, faster, better, and more valuable.
- Who you will work with: This role is part of the Design team, reporting to the Head of Design, who you will be working closely with alongside other designers in the design team.
- Additionally, you will work with many internal stakeholders, including Head of Product, Engineering Manager, CEO, COO, CTO, Marketing, and Insights.
Our ideal hire has:
- At least 5 years experience in Product design using
- Figma and Figjam for product designs
- Powerpoint/Google Slides for presentations
- Webflow for no-code development
- An eye for excellence, strong attention to detail, and high standards for work output.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Experience working on data products and dashboards.
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of design work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objective
- Experience working remotely and in person with teams of product managers and engineers to create delightful user experiences.
- Experience in product design handoff to engineering teams.
- Ability to work with, and maintain a design system.
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner with cross-functional teams
- Experience creating scalable design templates.
Application Closing Date
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers