Study in USA: Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2024/2025 [Fully Funded]
Applications are now being accepted for the 2024/2025 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program
(TJSP) which aims at providing opportunities for full-time, undergraduate, university/institute students from Tunisia to spend one academic year of non-degree study at a U.S. university or college.
Through academic opportunities, professional engagement, and leadership development, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) fosters economic growth, stability, and democratic development in Tunisia by equipping the youths with essential skills.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): United States Department of State
- Host Institution(s): Institutions in the United States
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: All study level
- Nationality: Tunisians
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2023-2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the 2023-2024 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP), applicants are to note that the program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- is a Tunisian citizen;
- currently resides in Tunisia;
- is enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate, university/institute student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study;
- is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa; is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2024;
- is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500; and
- completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (a.k.a. moyenne générale).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2024/2025 can apply online (here) or click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the official site to submit their applications. Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipients.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023