UAC Restaurants (UACR) pioneered QSR in Nigeria with the launch of Mr Bigg’s in 1986. Mr Biggs quickly became a household name and was particularly loved for its meals, delectable pastries, and confectionaries. In 2013, with the formation of a joint venture between UAC of Nigeria PLC (“UAC”) and Famous Brands Management Company (PTY) Limited (South Africa) (“Famous Brands”), UACR added another popular brand to its portfolio. “Debonairs Pizza”.
UACR brands enjoy increased presence in urban and sub-urban areas and Strong brand equity as with 605,000 transactions monthly. A growing network of suppliers and franchisees, UACR maintains warehouses and operations in 14 states across four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Manager
Job type: Full Time
- As a Risk and Compliance Manager in a restaurant chain, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing risk management and compliance programs to ensure the restaurant’s operations are in accordance with legal and industry standards.
- You will identify potential risks, create strategies to mitigate them, and ensure that the restaurant chain operates ethically and within regulatory guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to the restaurant industry.
- Develop and implement compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and assessments to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure all employees are aware of and adhere to compliance requirements.
- Identify potential risks and vulnerabilities within the restaurant chain’s operations.
- Develop risk management strategies and action plans.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of risk mitigation efforts.
Training and Education:
- Provide training to employees on compliance matters, including food safety, health regulations, and ethical conduct.
- Foster a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the organization.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain accurate records of compliance activities and reports.
- Prepare regular reports for senior management and regulatory authorities.
- Serve as the point of contact for regulatory agencies and authorities.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure compliance in all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Develop and implement procedures for handling compliance violations and incidents.
- Investigate and address compliance breaches and take corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Law, Hospitality Management).
- 6yrs+ of proven experience in risk management, compliance, or a related role, preferably within the restaurant or food service industry.
- Strong understanding of local, state, and federal regulations related to food safety, health, and business operations.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze complex data.
- Certifications in risk management or compliance (e.g., Certified Risk Manager, Certified Compliance Professional) may be preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] using “Risk and Compliance Manager” as the subject of the email.
Job Title: Factory Quality Assurance Manager (Snacks)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures, processes, and systems to manage snack product quality/safety towards meeting and surpassing customer expectations whilst reducing internal/external failure costs from non-conformities.
- Hands-on experience in Quality Management with an emphasis on Snacks in the food manufacturing industry
- Ensures that Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) are developed and monitored production processes in snack factories, for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Execute relevant training and enlightenment sessions on Food Safety/Good for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Execute relevant training and enlightenment sessions on Food Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Establish, conditions/standards/procedures for material storage and distribution to ensure Food Safety for our consumers, guide against the generation of Bad and damaged materials and compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements in all factories, stores/Warehouses, Depots etc.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of standards and systems to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for handling, production and storage of good quality products, satisfying customers’ requirements.
- Ensure that all the raw/packaging materials, petroleum products and other consumables supplied to the plant conform to the company’s approved specifications before receipt.
- Ensure customers/consumers and the business (during handling, distribution and storage) with respect to product quality issues, which will facilitate quick resolution of customers’ complaints.
- Ensure the verification and calibration of equipment in the laboratory, and monitor wastages/variances for reliability, and consistency in product quality.
- Coordinate the sensory analysis of all finished products in the sensory laboratory as well as quarterly benchmarking of products against the competition for continuous product quality improvement purposes to reflect our competitive landscape.
- Ensure that Quality Management is integrated into the entire project management function, the manufacturing and execution processes and includes quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensures that acceptance testing is conducted on newly installed or upgraded production equipment to confirm conformance to specifications agreed upon before the project execution stage.
- Ensures that suitability analysis for raw/packaging materials presented by existing or new vendors meets QA requirements in terms of quality specification.
- Ensures total quality management by organizing quarterly Good Manufacturing Audit of major raw/packaging material suppliers to ensure adherence to acceptable specifications.
- Coordinate the quarterly supplier performance review studies on raw/packaging materials suppliers so as to continuously upscale vendors’ capability.
- Ensure review of existing laboratory test methods with emphasis on-time delivery of results using standards like NIS, Pharmacopoeia, and Codex Alimentarius.
- Establish systems to manage process variability in snacks manufacturing Establish systems to manage process variability in snacks manufacturing systems so as to reduce wastages and product quality inconsistencies.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system in the snacks factory.
- Carry out risk assessments associated with process re-engineering in the snacks factory and propose mitigative measures for process efficiency
- Carry out regular inspections of finished product distributors’ warehouses to ascertain the level of compliance with good product and warehousing practices as well as feel the pulse of the market on product quality.
- Carry out root cause analysis on all customer trade-related complaints and provide corrective/preventive action to maintain market share.
- Create a CAPA tracker that ensures all indicative root causes observed in the process are investigated and closed out
- Reports and carry out any other official job as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager UFL
- Quality Control principles – sampling techniques; statistical quality control, statistical process control; data analysis and reporting; control and use of measurement tools; calibration routines.
- Laboratory techniques; chemical analysis (food and petroleum products) and handling of microbiological samples; and swab techniques;
- Food Safety – hot and cold chain management; food handling and processing (raw food and cooked food); personal hygiene practices
- Appreciation of Good Manufacturing Practices and World Class Standards – e.g. BRC/IOP packaging standards; HACCP; ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 etc.
- Quality Assurance – HACCP and ISO 9001
- Quality Management System standard; Quality Auditing and Audit reporting; Corrective and Preventive Action routines; Procedures documentation.
- Excellent technical skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- IT skills
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technologist (NIFST),
- Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN)
- Association of Industrial Microbiologists of Nigeria (AIMN)
- Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON).
- Food Safety Certification
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ONLY candidates who meet the required criteria will be contacted.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers