UNICEF Internship Programme 2023 for Youths: Step-by-Step Guide Open up a valuable learning opportunity with the UNICEF Internship Program for 2023/2024
Tailored for students and recent graduates, this opportunity promises hands-on experience at a global level.
Find out the essentials – from qualifications and requirements to the application process here.
Overview of UNICEF Internship Programme 2023/2024
UNICEF offers students and fresh graduates a chance to step into the humanitarian sector with its rewarding Internship Programme. Not only do interns acquire real-world experiences, but they also get to contribute to meaningful projects that have a global impact.
- Experiential Learning: Delve into the humanitarian sector with hands-on learning experiences.
- Duration: The internship can last between 6 to 26 weeks, offering flexibility to suit different schedules.
- Stipend and Travel Assistance: Selected interns may receive a monthly stipend and a one-time contribution towards travel and visa expenses.
Qualifications and Requirements
Thinking of applying? Ensure that you meet the criteria listed below to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
- Age Limit: Must be at least 18 years old.
- Educational Background: Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program, or have graduated within the last two years.
- Language Proficiency: Proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages – English, French, or Spanish. Additional language requirements might apply based on the office you are applying to.
- Family Connections: Applicants should not have any immediate relatives working at UNICEF or in their reporting line of authority.
- Academic Excellence and Motivation: Applicants should showcase strong academic performance and a genuine interest in the internship area they are applying for.
- Relevant Experience: Any prior professional experience related to the role you are applying for will be an added advantage.
Benefits of Interning with UNICEF
Embarking on an internship journey with UNICEF offers numerous benefits. Here’s what you can expect:
- Global Exposure: Work and learn in a multicultural environment.
- Practical Experience: Gain firsthand experience in your chosen field.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with industry professionals and build a robust network.
- Personal Growth: Develop professionally and personally with comprehensive learning opportunities.
How to Apply for the UNICEF Internship }
Ready to apply? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate through the application process:
- Find Opportunities: Keep an eye on the vacancies page to find current internship opportunities.
- Apply Online: Once you find a suitable opportunity, click the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
- Customize Your Profile: Highlight your strengths and suitability for the role in your profile.
- Prepare a Strong Application: Use application and assessment tips to build a compelling profile.
- Wait for Response: Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tips for a Successful Application
To stand out in the application process, consider the following tips:
- Research Well: Understand the role and the organization thoroughly before applying.
- Tailor Your Application: Customize your application to match the requirements of the specific role.
- Highlight Relevant Experience: Mention any professional experiences that are relevant to the role you are applying for.
- Seek Guidance: Don’t hesitate to seek help or guidance during the application process.
Embark on a fulfilling journey with the UNICEF Internship Programme 2023/2024. Good luck with your application