Unilever – Our brands are trusted globally, and we’ve developed into one of the world’s most successful consumer products corporations by listening to the people who buy them. Look in your refrigerator or on the bathroom shelf for one of our well-known brands.
1). Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Find your purpose at Unilever. You will lead innovations, big and small, that will make our business win and grow. You will learn from brilliant business leaders and colleagues in a truly global and diverse culture to ultimately become a better you. The FP&A Manager will be a member of the West Africa Finance Excellence Team. As part of FET, the role holder will play a key role in managing the performance of specific P&L lines in the business unit. He/ she shall be the ultimate process owner of forecast and performance management of these specified cost buckets and would be a business partner to the leadership team on market performance under the supervision of the FET Head, WA. The role holder will also be responsible for consolidated WA reporting for all areas applicable under the consideration he/she will be managing the largest business unit in the region.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Integrated Business plan & target framework
- Drive annual Integrated Business plan working across functions and multiple stakeholders to derive a multi-year plan
- Support Financial input required centrally and globally to arrive at business unit target framework for the year
- Own end to end forecast for P&L line items under your scope as part of monthly S&OP and Financial Forecast submission.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and qualitative cash up for responsible areas.
- Ensure adequate review, accountability and alignment between each data and process champion.
- Prepare and share S&OP financial report with assumptions, opportunities and risk considerations in the forecast (ARO), also variance analysis current Forecast vs Previous and prior year.
- Month end closing and performance management.
- Perform month end closing activities in collaboration with support team – Global Management and reporting team (GMR team).
- Consolidate and lead actual performance analysis and provide documented insight to the business.
- Support performance reporting submission as part of the month end closing activities.
Control and governance
- Enforce cadence and governance around end-to-end forecast & reporting process.
- Overall GFCF (Global Financial Control Framework) Record to report compliance.
- Business partnering and value management.
- Partner GM for any gap closing activities and risk and opportunities management.
- Provide insightful analytics for decision support and report requirement to the NFD on demand
- Drive performance focus under pareto lenses to have impact on profit
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED?
Experiences & Qualifications
- University degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance Performance management
- Professional accounting qualifications (CPA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ ICAN)
- Experience in working with SAP or similar accounting software.
- Storytelling, data visualization and presentation skills
- Strong excel and financial modelling skills.
- Effective communication
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- You are an inclusive motivator of people. Your team deliver with real passion, growing and learning from each other whilst delivering quick wins.
- You are still responsible for your own results and as a manager, you also need to motivate others to deliver with passion, creating an inclusive and engaging climate around you. You can balance challenge with support and coaching. You understand the wider business context and you are emotionally intelligent enough to motivate people to deliver what is needed.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage mood and motivations, and build empathy for others.
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Generates intensity and focus to motivate people to deliver results at speed. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results.
- TALENT CATALYST: Invests in people – coaches individuals and teams to realize their full potential. Creates an inclusive climate, empowering everyone to be at their best.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN: Creates sustainable growth with purpose, engaging different partners across the system for change.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Interested applicants should use the links below to apply:
2). Marketing Manager, Deos
Job Scope and Responsibility:
- Leads development of consumer-relevant mixes for Rexona in African markets, with key focus on Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya
- Leads Brand Innovation/Renovation Projects, working closely with the cross-functional team to deliver on time to the markets we serve.
- Leads the development of locally relevant Communication Campaigns (including TV, Digital Content, Key Visuals) for Africa, plus adaptation of Global communication assets when required.
- Localizes Global Rexona toolkit (s) to drive behavior change and develop the Deo’s market
- Works closely with Rexona Global Brand Director/Managers to deliver mixes & communication.
- Drives for alignment & implementation of the Deo Category Strategy and Deo’s Innovation Plan across all African markets.
- Well connected to local consumers & local market dynamics, proactively scanning the external environment to look for future growth opportunities.
- Drives in-market executional excellence with local teams, including pricing & portfolio strategy
- Works with R&D and Supply Chain to deliver Cost Savings agenda.
- Leads Category Thought Leadership and partners with CD to craft Customer Selling Stories
- Help upskill Local Deo’s Marketing teams through regular engagement & sharing best practice.
- Pioneer the “Others Say” Influencer ecosystem together with Media Team West Africa
- Partners with Unilever International to deliver One Rexona brand face and coherent execution at all touch points
- Accelerate Deo’s Growth in Rest of Africa, through the Rexona Market Development (Project Dora), helping to build capability in the markets in their deployment thereof.
- Identify future growth opportunities & develop future mixes into new benefit spaces for 2024 & beyond.
Key Skills and competencies needed for the Role
- High passion for building brands and consumer experiences.
- Strong creative judgement with real attention to detail.
- Innovation development – crafting brand mixes
- Excellent Project Management skills. Experience in leading cross-functional team to deliver projects.
- Strong ability to build relationships & influence others, including ability to influence at a senior level.
- Demonstrates consumer-centricity and business understanding.
- Growth mindset, financial acumen, business tracking & analysis, and suggested actions.
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: Creativity, Empathy, Obsession with brands & consumers, Sense of Aesthetics, Analytical Thinking & Rigour.
Requirements & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in FMCG Marketing, and at least 3 years’ leading Innovation development / crafting innovation mixes
- Experience leading Communication (TV) development.
- Proven track record in leading innovation projects & teams
- Experience and ability to work with virtual teams and partner multiple stakeholders (across WLs)
- Experience in West Africa with proven track record on insights to execution
- Experience working in a Global organization will be an advantage.
- Personal Care experience will be an advantage.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Interested applicants should use the links below to apply:
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers