Vacancies at Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, non-profit medical humanitarian organisation that provides emergency assistance to persons impacted by armed war, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion.
1). Infection Prevention and Control Supervisor
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation by the ward supervisor of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Supporting in the implementation as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents, through trainings and audits.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and pro-active tenue of the meeting, supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting.
2). Health Promoter, Supervisor
- In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health related issues
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF’s medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
Deadline: Nov 18, 2023
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: