Mojec International Limited is a leading company in the energy sector, specializing in smart metering to support power distributions companies across the country with interest in renewable energy.
Due to expansion, we are recruiting competent talents for the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Play a significant role as member of the Engineering Team for all metering and power system solutions.
- Understand the priorities of the company’s metering and power system operations and support the Engineering Team when necessary
- Supervise the ad-hoc staff or contractors in the installation of the metering systems, power transmission and distribution network.
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients, equipment suppliers, and construction personnel.
- Responsible for standard distribution network for all projects to meet NEMSA and REA standards.
- Provide engineering support to operations and maintenance of metering and Power distribution systems.
- Propose cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high efficiency of metering, electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Analyze metering system failures, power distribution failures and suggest appropriate resolutions.
- Work with the engineering team and Project management in planning and executing assigned metering and power system distribution projects within deadlines and budgets.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
- Supervising and training project team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Electrical Electronics Engineering.
- Three years of professional utility power system engineering experience and registration as a Professional COREN Electrical Engineer
- Possession of a Master’s Degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience within the Nigerian Electricity sector with exposure in the Power distribution sector.
- Proficient in design and electronic software.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance, but not limited to, computer systems, network environments, AMR & AMI Infrastructure and MDM.
- Prepares and/or reviews contracts, standards, and budgets for both capital and O&M.
- Participates in a variety of meetings to provide technical guidance, background, and assistance.
- Work with the metering team on budgeting for both O&M and capital.
- Develop and implement new metering standards.
- Assist with metering programs, software product specifications, development, testing and training.
- Participate in and contribute to product training.
- Develop and implement annual plans to improve performance and effectiveness.
Skills and Competencies:
- Capable of devising new, more efficient approaches to solving problems and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Experience conducting distribution field inspections.
- Requires demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical engineering specifications
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conducting ongoing reviews of all operational processes and procedures
- Conducting evaluations of the company to assess risk and compliance with regulations in order to ensure continuous improvement of the overall business operations
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Evaluate departmental risk registers review & follow up on action plans
- Regular review of the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Periodic evaluation of cash count and fuel dip
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Partakes in audit procedures to verify that controls are in place
- Conducts validity test on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Minimum of three to five (3 -5) years of relevant work experience (at least one year in an Internal Audit role)
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Strong attention to details
- Strong report-writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must possess a strong moral conduct
- Good investigative skills.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2023.