Apply for 2023 Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students
Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students is intended to develop the potential of female technicians and engineers and to create a group of experts and policymakers advocating for women employed in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
The Federal Ministry of Environment in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is implementing the Charity KPABEP Scholarship programme for female engineers and technicians in Nigeria. This scholarship component forms part of the activities proposed for Nigeria’s Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP) Stage III Project. The HPMP Stage III Project targets to phase out 17.13 Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) tonnes of HCFC-22 through a low Ozone Depleting Potential and low Global Warming Potential technologies-, as well as assist Nigeria in meeting the target of 67.5 per cent reduction in HCFC baseline consumption by 2025.
Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: Nigeria
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Reward: $4,000 | Training
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 31, 2023
Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship Details:
The Society of Women Engineers, Technologists and Scientists (SWETS) acts as the National Executing Agency, whose mission is to empower women to achieve their full potential in careers as engineers and leaders; expand the image of the engineering and technology professions as a positive force in improving the quality of life and demonstrate the value of diversity and inclusion.
Number of scholarships available is 30 Frequency of scholarship annually, non-renewable and is available for the 2024 academic year.
Eligibility Requirements for the Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep 2023 Scholarship
To be considered for the Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship, you must:
- Be identified as a woman
- Be a Nigerian
- Be below 35 years at the time of application
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University, Polytechnic, or post secondary institution based in Nigeria.
- Currently enrolled in a FULL TIME Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree programme in Engineering sciences and Technology, or related
- Applicants must be within the final two years of study
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, however, candidates must maintain an good academic record.
- Have a record of leadership and engagement in extracurricular activities
- Commit to attending all scholarship engagement events, workshops, and trainings
- Commit to completing an internship in a relevant company, organisation or institution within the period of the scholarship
- Commit to writing quarterly progress reports, and an internship report
Benefits of 2023 Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship
- A one-time award of up to $4,000 (Paid in tranches and contingent on the successful completion of a training and internship on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)) [Please note: Final award amount will differ based on student’s financial plan and requirement]
- A possible training on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- A possible 1 – 3 months Internship with a company focused on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- Free collegiate membership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Access to mentors in the engineering field
Required Documents for Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
A 1000 word maximum Letter of motivation answering the following questions:
What motivated you to pursue this course of study?
What have been your most significant accomplishments till date?
How have you demonstrated leadership in your community or academic environment?
What are your long term career plans and how will this scholarship enable you to achieve them?
Letter from sponsor
A copy of your curriculum vitae/resume.
Academic transcripts detailing your most recent academic results.
Proof of enrolment in the current semester, if available.
Most recent academic certificate attained, if available
How to Apply for Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship
To apply for the Federal Ministry of Environment/UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship, interested applicants should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to fill the application form with the required documents.
The application must be submitted in English Language only.
In addition to completing the application form, all applicants must upload the required documents. Kindly combine all documents in one pdf document with file size of 5mb maximum (Document name should be Last name_First name_UNIDO KPABEP 2023, for example Doe_Sara_UNIDO KPABEP 2023):