Blu Atlantic Hotel is a world Class hotel with beautiful architectural masterpiece, Great ambience and serenity. Quality service delivery and more. This hotel is an international standard hotel built with unique facilites of current technological advancement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Hotel Manager
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Manager:
- You will be expected to already have experience in this area with extensive knowledge of running a hotel, room sales and room rates.
- An understanding of scale and standards are required, as well as cost effectiveness being key for this role.
- Oversee the operations of the hotel, and provide professional advisory and executive support.
- You must have extensive experience in hotel management at a multi-site level.
- We are looking for an individual who will drive the business forward, improve standards and are commercially minded with a vision to improve profits.
- To translate and execute strategies into operational excellence.
- To take responsibility for the hotel.
- Effectively coordinate the Executive Office to ensure efficiency.
- Will provide input for the creation and implementation of promotional activities with all Divisions.
Role of the Manager:
- Conduct comprehensive research to understand the hotel market dynamics, including demand trends, competitor analysis and customer preferences.
- Implement dynamic pricing strategies to maximise Revpar, reacting to demand fluctuations and market conditions.
- Utilize revenue management techniques such as forecasting, inventory management, and distribution channel optimisation.
- Responsible for the development and actioning of hotel sales & marketing plans.
- Enhance the overall guest experience to help drive occupancy. Focus on service quality, guest satisfaction and IHG One Rewards to deliver guest loyalty.
- Continuously monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and adapt strategies based on real time data to remain competitive in themarket.
- Manage operational costs effectively, to maintain profitability, while achieving growth targets.
- Have a clear & concise business acumen and be able to review and scrutinise financial accounts.
- Build a high performing team and provide training and incentives to motivate them to meet and exceed key performance goals. This is a hands on role, leading from the front and working closely with the team.
- Ensure that all company standards & ethics are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with at all times.
- Be a confident presenter to showcase hotel results to relevant stakeholders each month.
Working with Operational Division Heads:
- To prepare, review, and manage annual Budgets and Capital Expenditure plans, Analyse Profit & Loss, and assist in implementing strategies to increase both rooms yield and RevPAR, thus ensuring overall revenue maximisation.
- To ensure there is a continuous focus and drive on all Quality Monitoring tools / Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including MOQA, LRA, LQE, and TrustYou.
- Constantly monitor and review operating criteria and continuously develop the awareness that customer and service care are the highest priorities for all colleagues.
- Thoroughly investigate all guest feedback with adequateplans of action.
- Manage all guest correspondence; this must be acknowledged or answered within two days of being received.
- Maintain high visibility and involvement with customers; greet guests and be visible in public areas at peak times, lunch, and evening.
- Good personal contact with all staff is essential.
- Continuously review ways of improving the standard processes in customer service.
- Check Food & Beverage outlets regularly during service hours, including kitchen and other back of house areas.
- Monitor and review merchandising presentations of all departments and make recommendations if necessary.
- Inspect facilities continuously. Inspect, at least weekly, floors and various rooms, suites, and apartments. Resolveany deficiencies and follow up to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- 1To grow and improve our sustainability efforts as per set
- Lead and develop a business plan to drive owner returns.
- Recruiting, leading, managing and motivating a strong team, upskilling, recruiting, measuring and managing performance.
- Reviews and implements strategic initiatives to drive commercial performance across the Hotel and its facilities.
- Prioritises relationships with guests and external contacts such as current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers and local communities.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Hospitality / Hotel / Business Management / Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Minimum 5 years hotel operations experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Hotel Manager
- Able to communicate fluently in English verbally and written
- Able to communicate effectively and build professional relationships with the Executive Committee, guests and hotel colleagues.
- Strong business acumen
- Strategically minded
- Strong problem solving & decision making skills
- Exceptional customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- The successful candidate will be adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to set a vision and get the right people in the right places to drive the business continually forwards.
- Leading the commercial and operational activities of the hotel.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record within the hotel industry and the ability to work under pressure with a drive to raising standards.
- You should possess a “can do” approach that is second to none, whilst not forgetting delivering a pleasurable and enjoyable experience for our guests.
What we’d like from you:
- Substantial prior upper luxury hotel management experience.
- Proven success in driving commercial returns.
- Genuine team development, guest, and owner focus.
- Rebranding experience highly desirable.
Assuming Financial Responsibility:
- Support Finance in the preparation and implementation of the budget.
- Provide assistance and professional input with the development of Profit Maximising Initiatives and revenue generating strategies.
- Responsible for the rationalization of both the fixed and variable operational expenses.
- Ensure alignment with the financial objectives and forecasts, as approved by the MD/CEO.
- Ensure all managers have an understanding of the financial aspects of the hotel.
- Active participation in Career Development programmes for colleagues.
- Act as the mentor and coach for managers by engaging them in projects and learning initiatives, and ensuring that appraisals and feedback sessions are regularly held.
- Offer assistance in analysing and planning labour costs to ensure operationally-effective colleagues and payroll costs.
- Significant controls and ideas will need to be generated to look at casual and permanent colleagues in operational areas.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2023.
2. Job Title: Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to supervise and oversee the daily activities of the housekeeping staff to ensure that the standards of cleanliness and sanitizing of the hotel are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service.
- Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
- Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service upholding the Oxford Collection of hotels standards and culture at all times.
- Housekeeping Supervision (40%): Supervises and oversees the daily activity of the housekeeping staff. Working with the Housekeeping Manager determine labor needs and adjust staffing levels; prepare assignment sheets for Housekeepers and determine duties for remaining staff. Hold staff meetings to communicate information and update and listen to staff concerns or comments.
- Trains and evaluates staff in accordance to Oxford Collection of hotels standards.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with federal, state, local, food safety and sanitation requirements and Oxford Collection of hotels safety standards and security procedures. Be knowledgeable about and able to respond to emergency situations. Report any maintenance repairs needed immediately to their supervisor or General Manager.
- Operations and Administration (40%): Ensure standards of quality control and regularly scheduled cleaning programs (i.e., floor care, deep cleaning, changing shower curtains, etc.) are maintained; select and provide proper equipment and supplies for the operation of the department.
- Check rooms with “Do Not Disturb” multiple times during the day appropriately placing the “we attempted to service your room” card if necessary. Inspect rooms for quality, perform hotel cleaning services as needed, ensure service standards are being applied by all team members and that supplies are properly stocked.
- Conduct public area inspections as well as room inspections to evaluate the physical condition of the hotel recommending repairs, painting and furnishing upgrades as necessary. Prepare, review and complete daily, weekly and monthly reports (labor, occupancy, etc.) as requested by Management.
- Record lost and found articles and secure them in the proper area.
- Guest Relations (10%): Interact and acknowledge guests. Identify issues and resolve problems. Maintain integrity, confidentiality, and sensitivity when working with both internal and external guests.
- Other (10%): Communicate effectively with all hotel staff to ensure smooth delivery of services. Coordinate with frond desk, maintenance staff, Housekeeping Manager and General Manager on things requiring attention.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department, plan, schedule, and organize work to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Develop and implement procedures for managing the quality of housekeeping and laundry services. Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that employees are advised of deficiencies and instructed on corrective action.
- Monitor, coordinate and execute the special needs and requests of VIP, repeat guests and members of frequency program(s).
- Respond to guest complaints and special requests, and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Control expenses within all areas of housekeeping. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Conduct comprehensive departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrant special handling and detailed information.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- 1Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Guest Relations, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
- Candidates should possess HND / Bachelor’s Degrees with 5 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2023.
3. Job Title: Hotel Food and Beverage Manager / Restaurant Manager
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
General Summary of Duties
- The Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating, and administering Food & Beverage service operations to ensure profitability, quality standards and services, and guest satisfaction for multiple F&B outlets throughout the hotel.
- They will contribute to the planning, organization, and training necessary to achieve restaurant / bar objectives in sales, costs, Internal Guest retention and satisfaction, communication and awareness, guest service, food quality and compliance.
- Ownership of the management accounts and daily Profit & Loss, maintaining cost control.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the food & beverage department especially in relation to supporting the Brand Experience.
- Responsible for the standards of service delivered to the customers in the bars, dinning rooms, buffets and all other food & beverage outlets by F&B employees.
- Ensuring the quality of services in accordance with the company standards.
- Ensures that all the F&B areas are well organised, and have the tools to execute their duties and maintain their areas and equipment.
- Ensures that the highest level of food hygiene is maintained throughout all food and beverage areas in compliance with HACCP legislation.
- Oversees the overall operation of the storerooms as per company policies, including but not limited to rotation, preparation, distribution and bookkeeping.
- Responsible for the overall implementation, execution of all F&B polices and procedures pertaining to employees, work manuals, sanitation requirements, costs, quality, menus, groups and others as required.
- Plays a key role in the leadership meetings.
- Leads, motivates and develops their team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement.
- Demonstrate behaviors in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
- Ensure all stock controls are strictly adhered to.Candidate profile:
- Passionate about driving consistent, and exceptional service
- Able to manage a team effective, posses strong leadership skills
- Used to working with senior management team, being able to communicate well with at all levels
- A positive and driven attitude to succeed, and leadership skills to inspire and retain a team.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following)
- Ensures point of sale operations and Cash handling practices are following standard operating procedures.
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training protocols
- Collaborate withGeneral Manager and Chef de Cuisine to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; foster opportunities for the team to learn, grow and develop their abilities
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines, labor forecasts, and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel
- Responsible to ensure restaurants appearance meeting and exceeding standards as well as maintaining compliance with all health and safety regulations at all times
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- Must have working knowledge of point of sale systems
- Strong customer service experience, interpersonal, and communication skills are required
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem- solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Contribute to the development of the food and beverage menus
- Ensure all team members have required certifications for food and alcohol handling
- Think critically to respond and react quickly to ever changing situations on property
- Establish and clearly communicate goals and expectations using strong interpersonal skills
- Professional in all internal and external communications
- Possess confidence in making decisions for health of the operation
- Resolve guest and team member issues quickly and efficiently
- Identify opportunities and create action plans to enhance and optimize food and beverage operation
- Be growth oriented
- Monitor financial performance to drive business decisions
- Set and deliver on goals which support company-wide goals in finance, guest satisfaction, and team member engagement
- Lead and support team members in individual growth and career advancement plans to contribute to our internal leadership pipeline
- Create positive work environment that is guest-focused
- Collaborate with other members of camp management and the corporate team
- Prioritize tasks effectively
- Submit high quality work products in a timely manner
- Promote company sustainability initiatives
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurant; set a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on the quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Schedules dining reservations and arrange parties or special services for diners.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Schedules, trains, develops, empowers, coaches, and counsels, resolves problems, provides open communication and recommends discipline when appropriate.
- Holds daily line-up meetings and monthly departmental meetings with staff reviewing daily events, safety issues/concerns, and guest comments.
- Edits work schedules and evaluate the work performance of employees.
- Training – 10%
- Ensures staff understands local, state, and Federal food and liquor laws.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up, and hands-on management.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge, and room service areas.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers Waiters and Waitresses to provide excellent customer service.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Supervises daily shift operations
- Ensures staffare in compliance with appearance standards.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- B.Sc Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management or other related field
- Atleast 5 years experience in an upper luxury five star hotel
- 5 – 20 years experience as a Food and Beverage Manager in a luxury five star hotel
- Certification in HACCP, HSE and food safety is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to perform all tasks for each position in FOH F&B
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tasks at a time.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
- Strong math skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor, and mixed drinks.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of elementary financial controls
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Proficient in Open Table reservation system
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite)
- Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of the community (attractions activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
4. Job Title: Night Auditor – Internal Audit and Control
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Night Auditor will responsible to conduct all nightly audit-related duties while providing guest service at the hotel’s front desk. Audit responsibilities balancing duties, daily paperwork, and shift reports.
- Perform dailystock taking/stock counting of all stock itemsand Room inventory.
- Audit daily sales and purchases to ensure accuracy and prevent fraud and errors.
- While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, making reservations, and answering guest questions
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain,analysisand evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Proactive thinking, keeping guest security always in mind, and creating a safe, clean, and friendly work environment.
- Responsible for counting cash and maintaining the accuracy of the issued cash drawer at the beginning and end of each scheduled shift.
- Check the front desk log for problems, special requests, etc.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Process guest registrations, including collecting payment.
- Prepare express checkout folios.
- Maintain room status inventory.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to Front Office Manager, General Manager, and other desk staff.
- Maintain and clean the lobby and bathroom as needed.
- Communicates all information to the following shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Works closely with all hotel departments to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Explains in-room and hotel features.
- Responsible for completing all required shift paperwork, and night audit reports daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- To ensure compliance with FOCUS internal control guidelines
- Monitor stock movement control environment within the hotel and advise the management on the best ways to optimize on stocks
- Conduct surprise checks on the outlets to make sure proper billing and adherence to internal procedures
- Do a market survey for purchases to make sure purchase prices and quality meets the requirement.
- Ensure revenues are all captured and well accounted for to avoid any leaks
- Perform special duties as assigned by the management and report back with the recommendation
- Ensure compliance with auditing standards and requirement as well as data privacy.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with 10+ years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers