Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Well Engineer
Entity: Oando Energy Resources
Unit / Department: Well Engineering & Services
Reports To: Lead Well Engineer
- The Senior Well Engineer is responsible for well planning, design and programming and for providing engineering support during execution of the drilling campaign.
- The SWE shall support a wide range of well engineering activities including the planning and execution of different well designs; exploration, appraisal, development, land, surface, subsea, deviated, horizontal and multi-lateral wells, including well reviews and field operations performance and has a broad responsibility covering drilling engineering, completion engineering and drilling supervision/operations management.
- Mentors and supervises all well engineers, Interns.
- Well Engineer I&II&III
- Contractors and consultants
- Service Providers
- Liaises with Well Engineers, Production Technologists, & Production Operations Engineers, Reservoir Engineers and service providers.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Lead multi-discipline well planning process
- Comply with Policies, standards and procedures, use well planning tool in developing final design
- Develop detailed well design
- Prepare drilling program
- Identify and implement ideas to improve performance by repeating best composite well times, reducing NPT, estimating red money, using of new techniques/technologies and modifying procedures.
- Develop Well AFE
- Supervises Daily Operations Meetings
- Prepare end of well report.
- Coordinate DWOP and AAR
- Monitors performance against operational goals and develops reporting and auditing processes used to analyze operational effectiveness.
- Develop ITT and Contracting, Vendor management and Procurement Assist with the tender document preparation and evaluations for service and equipment contracts for Drilling & Wells teams
- Coordinates Risk Identification and Mitigation
- Implement change control procedures to ensure that changes to procedures either planned or unplanned have the necessary level of technical authority approval.
- Understand the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Supports other departments as necessary.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Able to perform duties without guidance
- Able to supervise jobs carried out by WE I,II,III
- Performs duties in line with guidelines in OER’s WE&S Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for HSE Compliance at the field
Key Performance Indicators
- NPT <10 %
- No of wells drilled per year
- Successful New Technology Deployment
- First Degree in any relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 12 years cognate work experience as a drilling engineer
- Valid IWCF certificate (Supervisor- Surface/Subsea Stack) or in view.
- Excellent command of the Landmark Drilling and completions Engineers suite
- Proven track record of successfully delivering well campaigns
- Experience with an Operator or Oilfield service company with at least 3 yrs. as a Manager.
- Highly developed technical skills enhanced by practical knowledge of the well delivery process
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
- Well Planning
- Well Design (Casing Design, Hydraulics Program, Bits Programming, Drill string Design)
- Directional/horizontal well drilling
- Drilling fluids & Circulating system
- Drilling Problems & Optimization (Stuck pipe Prevention)
- Drilling Technology
- Rig Selection
- Site Preparation & Construction
- Well Control
- Well Intervention
- Plug and Abandonment
- Well completions
- Effective Presentation
- Business Writing
- AFE Prep/Budgeting
- Project Scheduling
- Deliver Contract Value
- Contracting Process
- Equipment Inspection/QA/QC
- Demonstration of Advanced/Intermediate level of competency is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers