UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023, Guidance, Cost From February 2022 Health and care workers have featured on the UK Shortage Occupation List. Health and Caregiver Jobs are the most in-demand professions in the UK. In this post, we are going to tell you about the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023 Process, how you can apply, what you need, and how much cost is required to apply for the Health and Care Worker Visa UK. Health and Care Visa formally known as Tier 2 General Visa. This Visa is a Part of the UK Skilled Worker Visa.
Under the Current rules Companies in UK and UK care providers are permitted to sponsor care workers from around the world to come to work in the UK health and social care sector. This profession does not need any high qualifications. Care workers earn a minimum of 20,000 to 40,000 pounds/month. You are allowed to Live and work in the UK for 5 years and then can apply to settle permanently in the UK. More details are given below.
Details About UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
- Job Country: UK
- Visa Type: Health and Care Worker Visa
- Stay Duration: 5 Years, renewable
What is the Cost of a UK Health and Care Worker Visa?
If you are applying from outside the UK, the Standard application fee for the UK health and care work Visa is:
- up to 3 years: £247 per person
- more than 3 years: £479 per person
The Application fee for Health and Care worker visa is very less than the UK Skilled Work Visa.
Eligible Occupations and their Codes
The following occupations are eligible to apply for the Health and Care Visa. All of these occupations are on the list of Shortage Occupations.
Your job must be in one of the following occupation codes to qualify for the Health and Care Worker visa:
- 1181: health services and public health managers and directors
- 1242: residential, day, and domiciliary care managers and proprietors
- 2112: biological scientists and biochemists
- 2113: physical scientists
- 2211: medical practitioners
- 2212: psychologists
- 2213: pharmacists
- 2214: ophthalmic opticians
- 2215: dental practitioners
- 2217: medical radiographers
- 2218: podiatrists
- 2219: health professionals that are ‘not elsewhere classified, such as audiologists and occupational health advisers
- 2221: physiotherapists
- 2222: occupational therapists
- 2223: speech and language therapists
- 2229: therapy professionals that are ‘not elsewhere classified, such as osteopaths and psychotherapists
- 2231: nurses
- 2232: midwives
- 2442: social workers
- 3111: laboratory technicians
- 3213: paramedics
- 3216: dispensing opticians
- 3217: pharmaceutical technicians
- 3218: medical and dental technicians
- 3219: health associate professionals not elsewhere classified
- 6141: nursing auxiliaries and assistants
- 6143: dental nurses
- 6145: care workers and home carers
- 6146: senior care workers
You can search for your job in the ONS occupation coding tool. Copy any code that is given above and paste it into the ONS Tool it will give you an overview of the work type.
Approved Companies Sponsoring UK Health and Care Worker Visa
Only the approved UK Registered sponsors can sponsor your work visa. And you can only apply for the Job in the UK Approved Sponsored company. Because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK.
You must have a job offer from:
- the NHS
- an organization providing medical services to the NHS
- an organization providing adult social care
I have written a post on UK Health and Care Worker Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023
You’ll usually need to be paid at least £20,960.
Each occupation code has its own annual going rate. Find out the going rate if your job is in one of these occupation codes.
Your Job is in a Shortage of Occupation
A ‘shortage occupation’ is a skilled job where there is a shortage of workers in the UK.
If your job is on the shortage occupation list, you can be paid 80% of the job’s usual going rate.
View the shortage occupations list to see if any of the eligible occupations that is given above is present in the shortage occupation list. This can also maximize your chances of getting a Job and visa.
Knowledge of English
You will usually have to prove that you can speak English. You can check which countries do not need proof: https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/knowledge-of-english
Eligibility for UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
- You must have a Job offer from the UK Approved Employer.
- Our Next post will be on how you can find a Job in the Health and social care sector.
- Your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your employer will give you this
- valid passport
- your job’s occupation code
- Clean criminal record
- must be paid according to the UK government
- Must have enough money in your bank account to support yourself in the first month after arriving in the UK.
How long you can Stay in the UK on a Health and Care Work Visa?
Your visa can stay for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. After this, you will be eligible to apply to settle permanently in the UK.
How to Apply for the UK Health and Care Worker Visa 2023
You must apply online from here. It takes 3 weeks if you’re outside the UK for the Visa Decision.