US Diversity Visa Program 2025 (Green Card Lottery) The US Diversity Visa Program 2025 is administered by the U.S. Department of State. The US DV program also known as the “Green Card Lottery” is an annual program in which the US Government selects people from different countries to become a Citizen of the United States. Applicants can apply from any location. For the Fiscal year 2025, up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available.
Applying for the US DV program is free. There is no cost to register for the DV program. However, the selectees who are scheduled for an interview will be required to pay a visa application fee. The US Diversity Visa Program 2025 allows applications from the citizens of countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. More details and the application process for DV Lottery 2025 are given below.
Details About US Diversity Visa Program 2025
- Country: United States
- No of Immigrants: 55,000
- Who can Apply: Foreign People
- DV Program 2025 Deadline: November 7, 2023
Diversity Visa Program 2025 Applications
Complete your own application. The online entry application is easy and free. The online entries have been started on October 2023.
Submission of more than one entry for a person during the registration period will disqualify all entries for that person.
Who can Apply for the USA Diversity Visa Program?
The program is designed to diversify the immigrant population of the United States by bringing in people from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States in the past five years.
Under this program, you will be able to become a Citizen of the United States.
Diversity Visa Cost
There is no fee to enter the green card lottery. Applying is Free. However, if you are selected in the Program you will need to pay the Visa Application Fee for DS-260.
Timeline of the US Diversity Visa Program 2025
- Start Date: October 4, 2023
- End Date: November 7, 2023
- Selections: The results of the Diversity Visa 2025 will start in May 2024
Eligibility Criteria for the US Diversity Visa 2025
- Natives of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States are eligible to apply. (Eligible Countries list is given below)
If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, there are other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
At least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education.
Two years of work experience within the past five years.
Note: You should not submit an application for the DV 2025 unless you meet both of the above requirements.
How to Complete Your Electronic Entry for the DV-2025 Program?
- You can submit your Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form (E-DV Entry Form or DS-5501),
online at dvprogram.state.gov
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. There is no cost to submit the online entry form.
- The US Department of State strongly encourages you to complete the entry form yourself, without a “visa consultant,” or “visa agent.
- You will get a confirmation number after submitting an application.
- Starting May 4, 2024, you will be able to check the status of your entry by returning to dvprogram.state.gov, clicking on Entrant Status Check, and entering your unique confirmation number.
- The U.S. government will not inform you directly. You must check the status from Entrant Status Check.
All selectees, including family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2025. Approximately 55,000 diversity visas will be granted for DV 2025.
Age Requirements for DV 2025
There is no minimum age to apply.
Can you Apply, if you are in the United States?
Yes, an entrant may apply while in the United States or another country. An entrant may submit an entry from any location.
May your spouse and you each submit a separate entry?
Yes, each spouse may submit one entry if each meets the eligibility requirements. If either spouse is selected, the other is entitled to apply as a derivative dependent.
Please Read the Official Documentation and Instructions for the US Diversity Visa Program 2025: PDF Document (English Version)
US DV 2025 Website
List of Countries/Areas by Region Whos Native are Eligible for us DV-2025 Program
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Gambia, The
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- In Africa, natives of Nigeria are not eligible for this year’s Diversity Visa program.
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- France (including components and
- dependent areas overseas)
- Macau Special Administrative Region**
- North Macedonia
- Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Northern Ireland***
- Norway (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- San Marino
- United Kingdom (including dependent areas)
- Vatican City
- Australia (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas)
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
In Conclusion: United States of America – It was land of opportunities yesterday, It is land of opportunities today, it will be land of opportunities tomorrow. There is nothing like it. For jobs, for business, for entrepruners, for hustlers and for dreamers.