Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, Nigeria – Healthcare Electrification and Telecommunications Alliance
Job Identification: 103250
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- We are seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) a Health Facility Electrification and Telecommunication Alliance (HETA) activity. The activity will advance sub-Saharan Africa’s goals to improve the health and well-being of communities by drawing on private sector capacity and resources to provide rural and semi-rural health facilities with clean, reliable electricity generation and Internet connectivity.
- The activity will address the challenges in health electrification through a market-based approach, leveraging technical and financial resources. These efforts will complement USAID’s Global Health Strategy and the USAID Climate Strategy through the promotion and uptake of cleaner, renewable energy solutions that sustainably power health facilities, advancing better health while mitigating air pollution and creating employment and business opportunities.
- The COP is responsible for leadership of the HETA project in Nigeria and ensuring the effective implementation of the project.
- The COP, who will work in one of the countries, will represent the HETA project and be responsible for coordination among key local stakeholders including national, state and local government, private sector partners, other implementing partners and donor agencies.
- The COP will ensure the project achieves results including project deliverables and targets in an effective and compliant manner.
- The Chief of Party will promote collaboration with other similar projects, government decision makers, and stakeholders to ensure the alignment of this project with their priorities and guidelines. This activity will focus on both the public and private sectors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards.
- Oversee the implementation of the project ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
- Effectively represent Abt and the project and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with government counterparts, private sector partners, relevant civil society organizations and donor agencies and serve as a leader in the energy and health community.
- Provide vision and guidance to the project staff.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Ensure implementation of accountability mechanisms to foster quality and ensure client’s rights and choice.
- Supervise and oversee the work of project staff, project partners and subcontractors
- Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending.
- Uphold the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team; ensure strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations and internal controls.
- Guide the learning agenda for the project, use lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings.
- Lead the development of the strategy for scale up of the project.
- Create strong partnerships with other implementing partners working in the energy and health sectors.
- Review technical materials to ensure high quality products.
- Effectively liaise with headquarters departments to support project operational success.
- Prepare and consolidate information for client and internal reports and conduct preliminary reviews.
- Ensure proper oversite over procurements.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in managing complex energy or health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
- Experience engaging private sector partners
- Proven experience in administration, financial management, award compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- Excellent management and organizational skills to lead teams to deliver high quality program results.
- Demonstrated strategic vision for the energy and/or health sector, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience.
- Excellent professional reputation and a proven success interacting with host country government agencies, counterparts, donors, and international experts.
- Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French (if French speaking country). Local languages an advantage.
- Experience with USAID or other donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2023; 12:07
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Program Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
Project: LHSS Project
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in five states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara, Lagos and Kano) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery. In addition, the program will also support HIV/AIDS financing in Lagos and Kano States.
The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection.
- Improve population health coverage.
- Increase the number of fully functional health facilities.
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs services.
Program Assistant responsibilities are:
- Maintain full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol, procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on timelines and commitments made and undertaking office administration and program support.
- Efficient and discreet management of administrative and operational schedule with due regard for effectiveness and efficiency
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc management and staff meetings, preparation and circulation of agendas, preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken, tracking of progress on planned issues and follow-up with responsible persons.
- Ensure smooth meetings including relationship management for the management team.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for the CoP’s signature, and clearance.
- Ensures effective communications and administrative support to the office.
- Follow up on timelines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the COP
- Drafting of routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested.
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments, and briefings of the COP including drafting of background notes.
- Provide support for finance and administrative operations.
- Provide support for grant management and operations.
- Other activities identified by the Chief of Party
- Timely shared agenda of meetings 24-48 hours before the meeting.
- Timely shared minutes of the last meeting (including action points) 24-48 hours after the meetings.
- Minutes of meetings signed by the COP and archived appropriately for future references.
- Action point trackers showing responsible persons, progress, or evidence of completion of planned activities
- Schedule of tasks and timelines developed and tracked for each activity
- Workshops and meetings successfully facilitated and conducted.
- Cleared cache of COP incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Weekly submission (Close of business on Fridays) of list of actions points, and activities completed, report submitted and cleared from the COP’s desk and outstanding activities, commitments yet to be done.
- Timely submission of meeting notes.
- Grant and financial management support
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV as a single document with name of applicant as the title to: [email protected] using “Program Assistant Consultancy” as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer – PMI Evolve Nigeria
Job Identification 104029
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Business Operations
- Under direction of the PMI Evolve Nigeria Finance and Administrative Manager, the Procurement and Logistic Officer is responsible for the procurement of goods and services domestically and internationally, ensuring proposed procurements are consistent with the USAID approved annual budget and compliant with Abt’s policies and procedures.
- You will work closely with other global support team and technical staff to monitor contracts, verify deliveries of goods and deliverable for services, and track vendor payments.
- You will also coordinate distribution of supplies, equipment to the entomology sentinel sites and maintain and update procurement tracker and inventory master list for the project.
- In collaboration with COP and F&A manager, assist in the processing of customs clearance and liaise with USAID on tax waivers, as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and update on a regular basis a procurement tracker for all ongoing and new procurements to provide visibility into on-going purchases.
- Draft request for quotes (RFQs), purchase orders and local consultant agreements
- In collaboration with technical teams, obtain and review product specifications or scope of work for services; ensure that specifications and scopes are clear, objective, and complete.
- Conduct review and evaluation of bids; Ensure participation of relevant technical staff and consistency with evaluation criteria.
- Prepare bid matrix and source selection memorandum (when required) which includes competition process, names of evaluators and adequate justification for award recommendation.
- Conduct vendor pre-qualifications for repetitive purchases such as lodging, catering services, office supplies, water, vehicle service; when practical, prepare master service agreements in consultation with Abt Home Office.
- Ensure procurement files are complete and audit ready as soon as the procurement process is complete.
- Enter purchase orders and receive items in QuickBooks for local procurements $500-$25,000
- Enter procurement requisitions into iProcure for international procurements and any local procurements above $25,000.
- In collaboration with F&A Manager and Entomology Manager, ensure that quality control is performed when receiving materials and that any inconsistencies with the original order are noted before payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Directs and supervises the storage, distribution, and transport of commodities, supplies and equipment – whether entomology or LSM, or new malaria vector control products – throughout the country.
- Prepares logistics and materials distribution plan prior to each distribution of commodities, supplies and equipment.
- Supervises staff managing inventory at different sites.
- In collaboration with GST Environmental Compliance & Safety Officer:
- Ensures that all health and safety measures are in place and followed when utilizing insecticide- or larvicide-based products
- Ensures clearance and proper disposal of all waste material and excess items from project stores.
- Helps to train staff involved in inventory and/ warehousing on environmental compliance and safety issues related to malaria vector control interventions.
- Maintain and update project’s inventory list for all supplies, equipment and commodities and support government property list.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan logistics for project meetings, seminar and trainings including selection of venue and conference package.
- Make logistical arrangements for staff travel outside their region or for international visitors.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree + five years of relevant experience, or master’s degree + three years of relevant experience, or PhD + zero years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement, logistics and management of commodities.
- Experience with USAID-funded development programs, and knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is desirable.
- Possess at least UNDP CIPS level 3 certification or equivalent certification in procurement and supply management, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in field warehouse/stores management.
- At least two (2) years working in close partnership with government stakeholders, local community leaders, and partner organizations with an emphasis on capacity strengthening and skills transfer.
- English language fluency.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2023; 19:43
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click her to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers