Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand & Communications Manager
Requisition ID: 2979
- A key contributor to the success of any company strategic plan is an effective Brand & Communication Manager that will demonstrate industry knowledge by translating all company activities and Brand Strategic Plans into excellent plans that will position the company very strongly in the market place and to win at the point of purchase.
- The Brand & Communications Manager is accountable for the development and implementation of all Marketing Communications activities, both internally and externally.
- Directs and coordinates the efforts of the Marketing Communication Team for the purpose of achieving the defined business growth objectives across all brands.
- Works closely with the Commercial Team and external Agencies to develop and implement the Marketing Communications Strategies and activities for the Organization.
Brand Building Activities:
- To create and sustain a robust equity for assigned sub Portfolio that will continue to attract strong consumer loyalty.
- Contribute to sub-Portfolio Brand Strategy definition.
- Initiate annual Brand marketing review and plans for the Brand with detailed information on Brand marketing objectives in accordance with overall Brand strategy.
- Define Brand Communication Strategy in accordance to Plan and Brand Position, selecting the most efficient media mix in alignment with the Portfolio Manager.
- To prepare Agency briefs and subsequent evaluation and assessment of subsequent Agency creative proposals.
- Creation and exploitation of brand sponsorship platform where applicable, to enhance selected brand health indicators.
- Identification of and association with relevant external events/initiatives that will add value to brand equity.
- Monitoring related platforms especially those in use by competition
- Lead development of advertising materials/creative proposals in each stage before final approval by the Marketing Director.
- Propose and test any changes in advertising strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing Team to ensure effective Sales Driver deployment of the Brand in all categories of outlets, driving ultimately Equity.
- Monitor competitive strategies, advertising and positioning platforms with a view to constantly ensuring continued alignment to Brand positioning.
- Report periodically, giving information on all activities undertaken by the Brand and competitive brands.
Drive Market Share and Grow Volume for the Brand:
- To achieve and retain a strong share position in the market place.
- Ensure that all marketing considerations are taken into account in making volume projections for the Brand.
- Propose and execute promotions plans and schemes, in alignment with Trade Marketing Team, after approval by the Marketing Director.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all promotional activities, propose relevant modifications and prepare post-promotion reports with appropriate proposals and recommendations.
- Constantly monitor changes within the market, analyze the likely impact on the Brand and propose strategies and plans to deliver the volume objectives.
- Monitor competitive activities and initiate and execute appropriate action for pre-empting such activities or counteracting their impact.
- Work in conjunction with the field sales management and Logistics to ensure regular availability of the Brand in all categories of outlets.
- To embark quarterly visits (at least) to the Sales Areas to obtain firsthand information on activities related to the Brand and developments in the market in general.
- To initiate and manage new projects and new product developments that are designed to deliver the Brand’s objectives.
Ensure Sustainable Profitability for the Brand:
- To guarantee a significant contribution to the overall business objective of delivering outstanding value to all stake-holders
- Constantly monitor the industry and advise the Business on a competitive pricing structure for the Brand.
- Keep the Brand’s profitability under constant review and to draw early attention to any deviations from estimated profits as a result of sales variations or changes in costs.
Other Accountabilities (Planning, Control and Coordination):
- Prepare an annual advertising budget for the Brands in the sub-Portfolio for the approval of the Marketing Director.
- Monitor advertising budget ensuring adherence in line with approved plans.
- Carry out regular budget-control monitoring exercises to avert over-expenditure.
- Prepare a yearly Media Brief for the Agency giving guidance regarding advertising budget appropriation by media.
- Ensure that all outdoor hoardings and posters for the Brand are in good condition and that hoardings strategically located.
- Monitor and analyze official and unofficial trade margins of competing brands, make appropriate proposals and execute accordingly.
- Originate and test any changes in packaging design.
- Liaise with Quality Control (Technical) in quality monitoring of products released into the market with a view to ensuring consistency across all factories.
- Monitor quality of all packaging materials in consultation with appropriate Controller
- Recommend and manage market research requirements for the Brand.
- Agree research proposals in conjunction with the Marketing Director, and evaluate the results as they affect overall marketing policy for the Brand.
- Check all bills from Agency and suppliers against approved budget and schedules and verify them for payment.
- Work with Agency in obtaining approval for new advertising materials and for Brand consumer promotions i.e. NAFDAC, SON etc.
- Working with a team comprises of Digital/media, Sponsorship & Promotions, Research & PR and Marketing Services Staff, the Brand & Communication Manager coordinates at strategic and tactical levels with other functions of the Company, external agencies and consultants.
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders & Relationship:
- Work closely with the sales team (trade) in order to understand environmental dynamics and to improve sales and brand visibility.
- Internal interfaces with; Sales team, A&C unit heads, Logistics, Customer Service, Segment leads, Leadership Team, Communications and Procurement
- Medium level of Internal interfaces : HR & Finance ,
- Selected key external interfaces: research agencies, suppliers of point of purchase material, trade partners, Advertising / Strategy Development Agencies; Regulatory bodies – LASAA, OGSAA, OAAN etc
- Ability to pull wide support quickly from Commercial team, Finance, Corporate, Procurement functions and external Agencies.
- Ability to plan strategically
- High level of personal integrity and trust.
- Ability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps
- Graduate caliber essential
- Must have 3 – 5 years Brand or Marketing experience.
- Brand Image management experience in FCMG or Telco is a plus.
- Business orientated professional or post-graduate qualifications an added advantage.
Specific Work Experience:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of Brand Strategy.
- Strong track record in Marketing at management level, with practical experience in brand imagery management.
- Depth of experience on how to drive a Marketing organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable.
- Strong project management skills, Commercial and financial capability are important.
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills; previous experience in working with other functions, particularly Sales, Trade Marketing, Procurement, Supply, Finance, and external partners such as ATL and PR Agencies is valuable.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Uses well developed interpersonal skills to build credible relationships
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills
- Excellent understanding of Brand Management.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, sales data and trends analysis skills.
- Creative thinker with ability to share brand vision with major stakeholder
- Credible with key internal and external partners
- Good IT skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of self-confidence
- Able to thrive and work well with team.
- Tenacious in overcoming issues or barriers.
- Interpersonal ability to influence key project stakeholders.
- Able to challenge the norm.
- Maintains high level of integrity and generates trust.
- Active goal setting to deliver significant contribution
- Based in Lagos
- 60% in Office, 40% in Field
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Head of Category
Requisition ID: 2981
- Drive and be accountable for all allocated category managers performance and initiatives in own Country and others where responsibility has been assigned in the category charter Where and when appropriate, participate in regional or global category management teams representing own Country.
- Manage all allocated Category Manager’s performance and initiatives in own Country.
- Participate in the management of cluster categories for the LafargeHolcim group by representing own Country in cross-functional teams with full accountability for category performance
- Develop Procurement category strategies as a member of the category management team that are integrated and aligned with overall global strategies, and with the LafargeHolcim business
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in own and other Countries, in line with regional and global strategies.
- Identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Where and when appropriate represent and serve other Countries without direct category management representation for the respective category(ies) and be accountable for delivery of savings in these and own Country
- Drive initiatives and projects, identify and remove potential barriers to success
- Ensure that local strategies are integrated and in alignment with the regional and global category approach and LafargeHolcim stakeholders.
- Align stakeholders through focused change management programs
- In line with regional and global strategies, design and execute strategic projects and targets
- Ensure the implementation and tracking of performance indicators and achieved results.
- Assume full accountability for delivering targeted bottom line results for each category
- Provide regular reports and updates to local, regional and/or global governing bodies (councils) as required
- Ensure that own Country execute the category strategy and actions as required and agreed. Where compliance is an issue, find and eliminate root causes
- Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally as defined by strategy
- Ensure that the procurement initiatives tracking tool where implemented (PITT) is kept up-to-date for own initiatives and projects
- Prepare clear budget Assumptions for country coming from BI gathering
- Benchmarking within country and external for categories under their management
- Where and when appropriate participate in regional or global category teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and achievement of targets and results.
- Where and when appropriate represent own Country as a member of the regional or global category teams (participation level determined by Country spend) to establish strategies and initiatives
- List of Direct Reports
- Category Managers
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (internal)
- Functional and Manufacturing senior management
- Operational Management (e.g. plant managers, financial)
- Global and Zone Category Management where applicable
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (external)
- All local and International Suppliers
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc./HND
- Minimum 3 years in strategic procurement role (category management, sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Engineering or Operational back ground would be advantages
Behavioral competencies / Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, countries, regions and cultures
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Expert negotiation skills
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
- Within Country where applicable and International where and when required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers