Phoenix university Agwada is a renowned institution of higher education located in Agwada town, Nasarawa state Nigeria. As an esteemed university, we are dedicated to providing quality education and preparing students for success in their chosen fields.
The University seeks to be a leading centre of excellence renowned and respected for the generation, dissemination, application and advancement of knowledge and committed to character development in the service of humanity.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into various Academic staff positions in the University.
- Associate Professor
- Senior Lecturer
- Lecturer I
- Lecturer II
- Assistant Lecturer
Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences
Department of Basic Sciences: B.Sc. Microbiology, B.Sc. Biochemistry, B.Sc. Physics with Electronics, B.Sc. Forensic Science
Department of Agriculture: B.Sc. Agribusiness, B.Sc. Agriculture, B.Sc. Agricultural Economics
Faculty of Computing and Technology
Department of Mathematics and Statistics: B.Sc. Mathematics, B.Sc. Statistics
Department of Computer Science: B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Sc. Cyber Security, B.Sc. Information Systems, B.Sc. Information and Communication Technology
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
Department of Accounting and Finance: B.Sc. Accounting, B.Sc. Banking and Finance
Department of Business & Public Administration: B.Sc. Public Administration, B.Sc. Business Administration
Department of Entrepreneurship and Project Management: B.Sc. Entrepreneurship and Innovation, B.Sc. Procurement, B.Sc. Project Management, B.Sc. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Department of Social Sciences: B.Sc. Economics, B.Sc. Political Science, B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy
- Professor – Candidates should possess a PhD. Degree in the appropriate discipline applied for with at least ten (10) years of post-qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience in a university, with at least two (2) years as an Associate Professor. Candidates must possess twenty- eight (28) scholarly publications in both local and international journals as proof of specialization in core areas of departmental fields of study plus registration with relevant professional body. Candidates must also have sufficient administrative experience.
- Associate Professor – As in (1) above, but with eight years teaching and research experience in a university, twenty one (21) scholarly publications, with at least two (2) years as a Senior Lecturer. Candidates must also have sufficient administrative experience.
- Senior Lecturer – As in (1) above, but with five years teaching and research experience in a university, ten (10) scholarly publications with two years as a Lecturer I. Candidate must also have sufficient administrative experience.
- Lecturer I – The candidate must have a PhD degree in the relevant field from a recognized institution plus three (3) years teaching experience and not less than three (3) journal publications all of which must have been published.
- Lecturer II- PhD with no paper and no gestation period or M.Sc. with one (1) journal publication or two referred conference proceedings.
- Assistant Lecturer – Candidate should possess a Master’s degree with at least two (2) years of teaching and research experience in a University and must be on a PhD programme.
NB: Applicants for the post of Professor and Associate professor should forward one (1) bound copy of their publications to the Registrar.
Evidence of publications and conference papers is an added advantage.
Conditions of Service: The conditions of service are as approved by the Governing Council of Phoenix University.
Salary: PUA Consolidated Teaching Salary Scale – PUACASS
Method of Application
Applications and certificates obtained should be sent electronically through email to [email protected].
Applicants should request their three (3) referees to send reports on them under separate confidential cover directly to the Registrar via email to [email protected]
The curriculum vitae should be in the following format:
i. Full name (Surname first in capital letters);
ii. Place and Date of Birth;
iv. State of Origin and Local Government Area;
v. Permanent Home Address;
vi. Present Postal Address/GSM Number/E-mail Address);
vii. Marital Status
viii. Number and Ages of Children (if any);
ix. Educational Institution Attended with Dates;
x. Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Date (enclose photocopies of certificates)
xi. Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s) including community service where applicable;
xii. List of Publications where applicable;
xiii. Extra-Curricular activities;
xiv. Position applied for;
xv. Names and addresses of three (3) referees;
xvi. NYSC certificate/Discharge or Exemption certificate
Any other relevant information.
Closing date for acceptance of applications is four (4) weeks after the date of this publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mrs. Aisha A. Kana
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below.
Let’s help you win more opportunities today, at iCreative Writers Hub, we are more than the hype💯. Email Us: [email protected]
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers